IGNORED

2013 Portland Retro Gaming Expo

AtariAge will be returning to Portland for this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo, taking place on October 5th and 6th at the Oregon Convention Center. We like the show so much, this will be the third time we're making the trip to Portland for this event! If you can be in Portland that weekend, we strongly encourage you to attend!

The Portland Retro Gaming Expo has much to offer classic gaming fans, and is one of the largest such events in the country. You'll find a large number of vendors selling classic gaming consoles and games, a huge 200 game arcade organized by Portland's own Ground Kontrol, two separate auditoriums for speakers and panels, an after-hours party Saturday evening, a live auction, cosplay contest, video game tournaments, and much more!

AtariAge has plans to release several new boxed homebrew games for the Atari 2600 and 7800 at the show! We'll also have demos of games currently in development, with a sneak peak of some homebrew games to be released during the holiday season. Our booth will be even larger than last year's, allowing us to setup more game systems for show attendees to enjoy! In addition to releasing several new games, we'll also have a large selection of other homebrew games from our online store, as well as other classic gaming merchandise.

Please visit the official Portland Retro Gaming Expo website to learn more about the show. We've also setup a forum to discuss the event for those who are attending. If you're attending the show, please stop by our booth and say hello!

Stay tuned for an upcoming announcement detailing all the games and demos that will be available from AtariAge!

• Like 2

You know I'll be there Al just like last year since it's in my backyard. I should have a full demo of Zippy the Porcupine at your disposal by that time. Right now what's holding me back is the 64k development for Batari. If I'm going to do everything I want with it I need the 64k.

• Like 1

Went to the Seattle RGE a couple of weeks ago, and it was nothing like this looks to be. Unless you were hunting for loose NES and N64 cartridges, you were out of luck.

The Portland show is quite large and has a ton of vendors. There is some good hunting to be done. :)

..Al

Went to the Seattle RGE a couple of weeks ago, and it was nothing like this looks to be. Unless you were hunting for loose NES and N64 cartridges, you were out of luck.

I didn't hit the Seattle one, but Albert and I can speak for last year's PRGE that we attended. It's HUGE. There were a ton of vendors that sold everything from hard to find Atari 2600 titles to the new stuff and just about everything inbetween. I picked up some Atari games to help out my collection. Got Atari Video Cube and Tapper to name a few. There are different panels going all day in the different rooms. I was on one of the panels speaking about programming for classic game systems with Ed Fries and others. That was a great experience and if I speak at another panel now that I have that under my belt, I'll come much better prep'd! You gotta mention the 200 classic arcade systems all set to free play, pinball machines, competitions, cosplayers, music at the stage, the night auction and after hours party, it's got it all.

• Like 1

I am making plans to attend all the way from Iowa, just for fun and to get away for awhile. I went years ago to the show in Vegas mostly because AtariAge was there, and I was lucky enough to get to see the surprise unveiling of Halo 2600. :)

Now I am REALLY hoping to make it, this ought to be a riot.

I am making plans to attend all the way from Iowa, just for fun and to get away for awhile. I went years ago to the show in Vegas mostly because AtariAge was there, and I was lucky enough to get to see the surprise unveiling of Halo 2600. :)

Now I am REALLY hoping to make it, this ought to be a riot.

Fantastic, look forward to seeing you there! Maybe I can make AtariAge name badges this year--haven't done that in some time. :)

..Al

that is correct! we will miss him as a seller this year! :(

Rick

that is correct! we will miss him as a seller this year! :(

Rick

Just moved a few months ago, and everything is very chaotic. I'm trying to set up my video game room (I can finally walk from one side to the other), played my first game in their just a couple of days ago. Also, since this is the only show I'm attending this year I would like to have the chance to enjoy it. Hard enough to run the booth by myself, so no time to look around and buy stuff. Planning on vending next year, so Rick save a good spot for me next year!

• Like 1

Just moved a few months ago, and everything is very chaotic. I'm trying to set up my video game room (I can finally walk from one side to the other), played my first game in their just a couple of days ago. Also, since this is the only show I'm attending this year I would like to have the chance to enjoy it. Hard enough to run the booth by myself, so no time to look around and buy stuff. Planning on vending next year, so Rick save a good spot for me next year!

Congrats on the work with the gameroom! good to hear you'll be vending next year! :)

Rick

Hey Albert, while you guys had a great selection last year (I think I dumped almost $200 bucks at your booth alone; I plan on not being so cheap this time), there were a number of titles that weren't available that I wanted, like Allia Quest and a few others. Will you be bringing more this year? Just curious.

Hey Albert, while you guys had a great selection last year (I think I dumped almost $200 bucks at your booth alone; I plan on not being so cheap this time), there were a number of titles that weren't available that I wanted, like Allia Quest and a few others. Will you be bringing more this year? Just curious.

I'm not sure what games I'll be bringing yet. Certainly newer titles (which I'll start announcing soon), more recent titles, and then some of the more popular homebrew titles, such as Medieval Mayhem. I'll see what I can do to bring at least a few copies of every homebrew in the store, but can't make any promises just yet. :D

..Al

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to the show! I will have a new DVD Collecting guide available that will be covering Playstation, Playstation 2, and the Playstation Portable. There will be 30 numbered copies at PRGE this year. Price will be $10 for the new DVD(Volume 5). Volumes 1-4(my previous 6 DVD set) will be available for $20. If someone purchases all five volumes, then the price is $25 :). I also will have a limited number of individual volumes 1-4 available for $5 each.

On a side note, I wonder what this is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb-tQ02Xpik

;)