IGNORED

atari 1040 stf with monitor mouse and cables on craigs list

Dripfree

There is an atari 1040 stf with monitor mouse and cables on craigs list in my area the seller wants $150. Is this a fair price, a rippoff, or a deal. It looks kinda sweet and I'd like it in my collection but thats more then I want to spend. Any oppinions?

Edited by Dripfree

I would say not too bad, but I would also move this message to the ST forum and you might get some better answers there.

Oh yea good point. I've been an 800 man for a little while now, I spend so much time in here that I forgot there was a ST forum. I assume I just have to start a new thread there, I can't literally move this one right?

Seems kinda high actually. 8-bit guy all this time and are only now delving into ST stuff? Cool! :)

Nice when things are local. And there's a high chance you'll be able to talk him down. If nothing has their original boxes and packing and they're kind of "beat up", I'd offer more like $75-$100 tops.

Guy must sorta/kinda know what collectors or Atari people *might* pay. Not that long ago, used to be able to get stuff like this for $50 or less. Just a few years ago.

Oh - and make sure the damned disk drive works! And good luck with that. ;)

Also make sure the picture quality on the monitor is excellent, there is nothing worse than a blurry dull CRT tube. Also value depends on if it is an Atari SC1224 colour monitor or just the ubiquitous SM124 mono thing. Also remember an ST Mouse is worth about £10-15 these days on ebay so if it doesn't have on and you want to do more than auto boot commercial games you need one of those too I'd say.