IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Game Requests - Season 7

OK.  I guess I just don't understand why previous contests threads are locked here.  In the NES and SMS High Score Club forums, the contests are still open (not locked) for people to post their high scores anytime they want...

The goal is to get the best score you can within the two weeks.

Question: I'm new to this, so where can we post screenshots of our scores? I already have a high score screenshot for one of these games...

gamecat80, welcome to the ColecoVision HSC.

The rules for the HSC can be found here and I suspect that these will answer most, if not all, of your questions: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202095-colecovision-hsc-rules-regulations-seasons-6-7/

As Manoau2002 pointed out, as moderator I select one game from the game request list and every two weeks post a new thread describing the game, skill level and end date. Each game is played over a two week period which is referred to as a "round". We typically play around 20 to 25 rounds per year or "season". Over each alloted two week period, players play the game and post scores in that round's thread along with a screenshot (although a screenshot is not compulsory it is highly recommended). Scores that have been achieved outside of the two week playing window should NOT be posted - the idea is for this to be a friendly ongoing competition to encourage people to play their CV's and not for everyone just to post their all-time high scores.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

OK. I guess I just don't understand why previous contests threads are locked here. In the NES and SMS High Score Club forums, the contests are still open (not locked) for people to post their high scores anytime they want...

If you have a particular score that you want to let us all know about then please feel free to post it in the game index thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202093-colecovision-hsc-game-index/. This thread is a summary of ALL of the scores achieved over every round played in the CV HSC to date. This is a live thread and one that I keep updated whenever a round ends. This is the most appropriate place to brag about scores achieved outside of the actual rounds themselves.

Is there any way I can see a list of the games before we play them, like in the latest Jaguar HSC? that way I can go buy them (if necessary) in 1 trip to the retro store.

Or...is that THE LIST we're using?

Sorry, but I don't choose a game until the day I'm setting up the thread for a new round, and the system I use to select a game is a little complex. For example, I add weighting to games that (i) haven't been played in the HSC before, or (ii) have not been played in the HSC for a long time. In the latter case I add weighting to those played most infrequently. I also balance the game selection to ensure that everyone get's at least one, and normally two, or their games played by the end of the season.

The games I do choose though are always from the game request list in post #1 of this thread.

If you have a particular score that you want to let us all know about then please feel free to post it in the game index thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202093-colecovision-hsc-game-index/. This thread is a summary of ALL of the scores achieved over every round played in the CV HSC to date. This is a live thread and one that I keep updated whenever a round ends. This is the most appropriate place to brag about scores achieved outside of the actual rounds themselves.

Thanks for the responses. ;-) Posted it in the thread you linked. So it's OK to put random high scores in that thread?

Visited my retro store most likely to have these, found a handful, all overpriced. Bought none.

Sitting out for another round.

Jungle hunt is expensive. It can go from 40 - 60. So it might not be as overpriced as you think.

You would really be better off buying an Atarimax SD cart and then you just copy all the games from the internet into that cart. If you want originals later then you can look for deals and get them.

Yeah I bought Qbert from him I think. maybe Pitstop & Wing War, if it's a good game. Im not buying games just for the contest.

Prices at the store ranged from $15 to $30 per cart. i was going to spend around $10 per game. I saw Wing War, Defender, Burgertime, Miner 2049er, both Pitfalls, a few others. I almost got H.E.R.O. for $15 but passed. I have a few other places around here to check.

Jungle hunt is expensive. It can go from 40 - 60. So it might not be as overpriced as you think.

You would really be better off buying an Atarimax SD cart and then you just copy all the games from the internet into that cart. If you want originals later then you can look for deals and get them.

Uhh...yeah, thats way too expensive. You DON'T think $40-60 is too much for a CV game? Edited by RJ

Yeah I bought Qbert from him I think. maybe Pitstop & Wing War, if it's a good game. Im not buying games just for the contest.

Prices at the store ranged from $15 to $30 per cart. i was going to spend around $10 per game. I saw Wing War, Defender, Burgertime, Miner 2049er, both Pitfalls, a few others. I almost got H.E.R.O. for $15 but passed. I have a few other places around here to check.

Uhh...yeah, thats way too expensive. You DON'T think $40-60 is too much for a CV game?

of course I do but I am telling you that is what it goes for. If somehow you actually got one cheaper it would be from someone who didn't know any better or from someone being very nice to you. That is why I suggested Atarimax cart. Even if you eventually get 15 games for your $10 price if you got the Atarimax you could have 100s for the price of the Atarimax.

The place I was sure I'd find something (IIRC I've never left there w/out a purchase) only had a $6 unlabelled DK Jr. A "new" place in what apparently became a bad part of town only had a shoebox of CV games & had Frenzy marked $40! He was always overpriced (once asked $8 for a loose E.T. at his mall kiosk) & when he said he can come down to $35 I nearly laughed in his face.

• 5 months later...

one store in town always sells any CV or 2600 or Intv game for $1 ! they usually only have super common 2600 games, but I occasionally find CV games there. sometimes semi-rare 2600 games too like Gremlins.

I was wondering, can anyone give me any advice for finding a power cord for a ColecoVision? it's the only thing stopping me from playing an OG unit

• 1 month later...

I hope to complete my CV cart collection this year, tons of CV stuff and people in Ohio but not around my area. :woozy:

On the Power Supply, Search here on AA or maybe Ebay..but you may want to think about going with an Internal power supply. ;)

That's ,my next step but luckily I still have a couple good bricks but all my extra's are gone.. Good luck :)