IGNORED

Sweet find on my way to work this morning

So I'm driving to work this morning, I look over and this lady has got all these boxes in her yard. She is starting to set up for a rummage. Everything is in boxes except for one very recognizable item.

image-3.jpeg

When I saw it was a Vectrex I slammed on my brakes so hard I'm lucky I didn't crash. I was running late already but I ran to the yard and asked If she was open yet. She laughs and says you interested in the Vectrex. I asked what she was looking to get. My jaw almost dropped when she said 15 bucks I said I'll take it and she says wait I got some games in one of these boxes. So she starts digging around and she finds four games.

image1-2.jpeg

The only other time I've seen a Vectrex was at the midwest gaming classic this year and I think that dude wanted like 200 bucks. I was so pumped I found this thing, and I still made it to work on time. What a great way to start a day right?

• Like 12

Works and looks great. She told me last time it was played it didn't want to load the carts. I did have an issue my first try so I cleaned the contacts real well and since then I've loaded each game multiple times with no issues. Only thing is I got no overlays. I was gona stop by and ask about them on my way home but she already closed up shop.

Wow... you got a working Vectrex and 4 games for $15! That is incredible, like your-car-being-powered-by-an-improbability-drive kind of incredible.

Only thing is I got no overlays. I was gona stop by and ask about them on my way home but she already closed up shop.

OK... you got a working Vectrex and 4 games for $15. And there is an "only thing" to complain about? You would actually stop back by and ask for something else? If I got a deal like that, I wouldn't show my face again for a long time for fear they would figure out the actual value and be waiting with a shotgun to get their stuff back :D

• Like 3

Wow... you got a working Vectrex and 4 games for $15! That is incredible, like your-car-being-powered-by-an-improbability-drive kind of incredible.

I couldn't agree more I actually stopped for a red bull and had to wait on a train just before seeing it. I think had it not been for the train she may have not had it out when I drove by.

OK... you got a working Vectrex and 4 games for $15. And there is an "only thing" to complain about? You would actually stop back by and ask for something else? If I got a deal like that, I wouldn't show my face again for a long time for fear they would figure out the actual value and be waiting with a shotgun to get their stuff back :D

That there did cross my mind also. Not so much the shotgun part but I was worried she would have found out what it was worth and then I'd just look like a douche bag asking about the overlays. Another funny thing was I had to break a $20 to pay her the $15. she ran in the house to get me change.... I was thinking I'd be stealing this thing from her for $20 and I'm making her run and get me change.... Maybe I am a douche bag.

No sometimes you just have to be lucky. Found my second vectrex at a triftstore for 6 euro with 6 boxed games and 2 minestorm overlays. Couldn't believe i found it, and got it so cheap.

Like said, sometimes luck just crosses you're way.

• Like 1

You HAVE TO GO BACK, douche or not. Here's how clean outs work sell>donate>trash in that order. Since she no longer has the console overlays, manuals, and such will go to trash. You need to let her know you are interested.

With that said if it were me I'd show up and give her 50 or at least 20 more and say it works fine hence why I feel it's worth more. Then don't demand overlays or manuals but tell her you love the thing and would like to know if she finds more. Leave it open ended like that. Generosity will get you very far in my experience.

• Like 1

My jaw almost dropped when she said 15 bucks I said I'll take it and she says wait I got some games in one of these boxes. So she starts digging around and she finds four games.

I'll tell ya what. I'll give you $25 + shipping for it. You'll make a couple of bucks in the end. :D

Kidding aside, great deal. I'm insanely jealous.

I couldn't agree more I actually stopped for a red bull and had to wait on a train just before seeing it. I think had it not been for the train she may have not had it out when I drove by.

That there did cross my mind also. Not so much the shotgun part but I was worried she would have found out what it was worth and then I'd just look like a douche bag asking about the overlays. Another funny thing was I had to break a $20 to pay her the $15. she ran in the house to get me change.... I was thinking I'd be stealing this thing from her for $20 and I'm making her run and get me change.... Maybe I am a douche bag.

Dude, you did "steal" it from her at $15!

• 1 month later...