IGNORED

Comedian pokes fun at the future of video games

I hear that. I've got exactly 2 consoles attached to the TV: PS3 and an Atari 2600. Only the one with a cord on the joystick gets play.

Right on! My newest system is Dreamcast and xbox. Dreamcast because it's Sega and Xbox for one game......Shenmue II. I'd rather play Atari or NES most of the time. That and my Genesis/CD and SNES.

First let me say that I didn't watch the video (I'm in a restaurant atm, prob watch it later), so I don't exactly know the material being referenced. I would say, though that video games are not necessarily "done" or "finished" or whatever else. They are however changing. Do I like where they are headed? Not necessarily. While I have thoroughly enjoyed games such as the Assassin's Creed series and the latest Batman games, I have no interest in what seems to be the most popular genre on the current gen systems: first person shooters. I have very little interest in competing against anonymous players across the state. (I'd rather be sitting next to them.) I have no interest in Kinect and only really use my Wii for the Virtual Console emulation. (They've got some C64 games on there, even!) The disc currently in my XBox 360 is Raiden Fighters Aces and lately my TurboGrafx-16 has gotten more playtime than anything else. This last weekend I helped a friend lay some concrete while wearing a shirt with an Atari 2600 on it and introduced my kids to Super Mario Bros. (via the Wii VC, I'll have to get the NES top loader out of storage and let them play it "for real.") I went to a used game store and heard someone asking about the 2600 Jr in the case. "Is that the one that pong came out on?" The shop worker said, "Yeah." I continued sifting through the Genesis games. People will still make and play games. The interest is still there. I think it will follow money more and more and there will be less and less innovation, but they will live on. I think gaming will continue, it just won't be going in a direction that "we" would like.

Hmmm, well I would.......Had they released a U.S. version. If you remember, the DC faded before 2 was released. Besides, the Xbox was only $10 at a yard sale and the games comes with a dvd.

I bought Shenmue 2 for the Dreamcast brand new from EB games for $59. Euro version, but it came with a free boot disc. I did end up getting it for Xbox also (IIRC I paid $10 as well, can't remember where I got it). I loved the first Shenmue, bit it was pretty hard to watch "as a movie" on DVD.

I thought the bit was pretty funny, especially the punchline at the end.

Edited by BydoEmpire

It's the same thing no matter what the name of it is. All crap.

A similar thing can be said about most games through the years (going all the way back to the early 1980s) if you are a fan of Controlled Randomness, Replayability, and Freedom.