IGNORED

Defender of the Crown Demo Cartridge

Here's the skinny on the Carol patches: I had 20 made (the minimum from the supplier) for the competition with the intention of giving 10 away for the competition. I actually received 25 (score!).

I gave the 10 to the top players in the challenge, and the rest were given away to family members (little nephews and nieces) and intimate friends, for their children as Christmas gifts. Being the nature of the gifts and the recipients, I don't expect any to crop up in eBay.

They were always intended to be prizes for the game championship, not collector's items.

Fret not, for there may yet be more championships ahead, with more prizes. Patches will always be part of that because they are a throw back to the heyday of the Intellivision. :)

Cheers!

dZ.

Hmmm, I wonder what a Carol Patch would go for.....I never plan on finding out as it's my most prized patch :)

We worked hard for those! I like the D2K patch as well, but the Carol one means more to me because I truly had to earn it.

I'm still upset with myself for not being good enough to win a mug though ...

• Like 1

We worked hard for those! I like the D2K patch as well, but the Carol one means more to me because I truly had to earn it.

I'm still upset with myself for not being good enough to win a mug though ...

There may be more chances... I hear Christmas bells in the distance... ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DOTC for Intellivision is not a 'remastered' version.

The goal for the Intellivision version is to make it as original as possible on limited hardware. The source code to the original game is currently lost. I think the C64 version probably had the 'best' game play from my understanding.

Hopefully, the kickstarter will run first thing in the new year. The first goal is to fund the continued development of the game.

Over the holidays, I will review the stretch goals. Currently, the only stretch goal is to support the Personal Computer Museum in Brantford, Ontario in a bigger way.

Perhaps Cinemaware might have some suggestions to make the kickstarter more interesting. Right now, however, it is just a basic 'fund the development' pitch.

post-31813-0-60775700-1386718174_thumb.jpg

• Like 1