IGNORED

Price Check: Atari 5200 2 Port w/2 Refurbished Controllers

Scootiecat

Wondering what a fair asking price for this would be. I don't want to ship it because it's so big and heavy, so am thinking about listing it on Craigslist. Was going to sell it to the video game store, but they only pay about $15.00 for it and that seemed low to me. I also have 10-15 games for it, which I may list online, but can price check those on eBay. I did price check the console on eBay and everyone's prices there seemed high. Someone wanted $65.00 for a non-working one. TIA for serious responses.

AtariBrian, thank you. The controllers are refurbished with tiny pieces of aluminum foil in each button. Everything was working perfectly the last time I tried them, but they need to be tested again.

Boxpressed, thanks for the figure. I was guesstimating $75 if everything is working, so I'm glad to know I was close.

Just checked my database, and I have 10 games listed in it that are all R1-R2. I know I have another handful of games that aren't in my database that I'm pretty sure are commons too. How much more valuable does having them in boxes make them? Two of the games have boxes.

Will be testing everything hopefully tomorrow.

EDITED: Okay, my curiosity was piqued, so I pulled out my games. They all still need to be tested, but here is what I have...

Centipede R1

Frogger R2 1 Overlay

Jungle Hunt R1

Kangaroo R1

Moon Patrol R2 Box, Manual, Warranty Card

Pac-Man R1

Pole Position R1 2 Copies

Q*Bert R2

River Raid R2 Box, Manual

Soccer R? (Not Realsports Soccer and there is no just Soccer in the AtariAge database) 2 Overlays

Space Invaders R1

Super Breakout R1

Also have an introductory type catalog for the 5200.

Edited by Scootiecat

$70 with 10-15 common games, if both controllers are fully functional.

I think that's low - at least for my area. Test the controllers and if all buttons are working then I'd say count on them being about $15 each. Working 2 port depending on how clean is probably in the $50 - $60 range. Average $2.50 per game and then round up a little for the boxes.

I think you are in the $100 - $120 range. At least I'd start near there if you are going the CL route.

I think that's low - at least for my area. Test the controllers and if all buttons are working then I'd say count on them being about $15 each. Working 2 port depending on how clean is probably in the $50 - $60 range. Average $2.50 per game and then round up a little for the boxes.

I think you are in the $100 - $120 range. At least I'd start near there if you are going the CL route.

Thanks! Naturally, I like that figure better. :-D Am hoping to get it hooked up and start testing tonight. If everything is working, then I will probably start at $110.00 on CL and see if I can get a buyer. I checked my local CL yesterday and there were only a handful of 5200s listed, so am hopeful that mine will sell.

Hooked up the system and checked everything. Everything works fine except River Raid. I did everything but open it up to try to get it to work, and at best I get a bunch of ASCII characters. Bummer since it has a box and manual. I think I will still include it, though, because of the box and manual. I'll just have to note that the cart doesn't work. Q*Bert was fussy at first, but once I cleaned it, it worked fine. And I discovered that Frogger has 1 overlay. Next step is to clean everything and take pics, which I hope to do tomorrow. Then I can list it on CL.

Nothing wrong with starting higher in case the buyer wants to haggle. I'd say $100 is not out of the question. Good luck!

Thanks! I am going to make it $110.00 OBO. I'm open to some haggling, especially since I don't have to ship it. It will just be my usual of "No low ball offers." :)