IGNORED

Princess Rescue Binaries Released!

Albert

The attached zip file contains final NTSC and PAL binaries of the Atari 2600 homebrew game Princess Rescue. You may use these binaries to enjoy Princess Rescue with your favorite Atari 2600 emulator or on a real console using a device that lets you load 2600 binaries (such as the Harmony Cartridge, Cuttle Cart, Krokodile Cart, etc). Permission is NOT granted to create physical cartridges of Princess Rescue.

If you'd like to purchase a cartridge of Princess Rescue, please visit the AtariAge Store:

AtariAge Store: Princess Rescue

Princes Rescue author Chris Spry will be attending the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo, and we'll have 50 boxed copies of Princess Rescue available at the show. We'll also be making available 50 more boxed copies to AtariAge members via the forum within the next two weeks. No more boxed copies will be available after these are sold.

Watch for Chris Spry's next Atari 2600 game, Zippy the Porcupine!

Enjoy!

..Al

PrincessRescue_2600_Binaries.zip

• Like 26

i am playing this in an emulater and i cannot figure out how to use fireballs

edit: i forgot that all 2 button games do not work on an emulator. :(

It is a one button OR a two button game. it only becomes a two button game when you plug the Genesis controller in or tell the emulator you're using a Genesis controller. when you are yellow push up to shoot fireballs. Up diagonals (right and left) move and jump twice as fast/far.

If you like the gameplay in the binaries consider purchasing the game to support this website and the author thank you!

I had been waiting for this file to be made available, but with all the hub-bub about the box, I think I will be buying a boxed copy. Unless can get a follicule-enhanced edition or one with tire tracks on it, I will purchase one of the PRGE ones and wait to play until then. Thanks anyways Al and Sprybug!!

• Like 1

A big thanks to everyone involved for making the ROM available. I'm a casual collector and an even more casual gamer. I will likely play the game once or twice on an emulator, marvel at the great job that the programmer did and never play it again. Had the ROM not been released I would never get the chance to experience the game. Thanks!

• Like 1

I will add this ROM to the internal Stella database for the next release, so that it automatically enables phosphor mode, Genesis controller, etc.

EDIT: This is now done, and will be present in the 3.9.1 release. I left it to joystick as default; you can change to Genesis controller manually, as described in this thread.

• Like 1

I will add this ROM to the internal Stella database for the next release, so that it automatically enables phosphor mode, Genesis controller, etc.

hopefully it will get updated for the wii port as well. i can map "up" to another button but it doesnt work Edited by pimpmaul69

Nice to see the ROM released, but what I'm really interested in is a boxed copy. So you'll have more to sell in about two weeks, you say? Will you be creating a brand new thread on AtariAge for this new batch? Is there some kind of notification service you can provide that would allow a not-often-in-the-atari-section-of-the-forum guy like me to make sure I don't miss this second run? :)

I am stupid! Someone please tell me how to play this game.

I am stuck at the very first level. Collected all yellow items (became double sized and even yellow), squeezed some turtles and those other enemies, went to the very right. And now :?

Go down the green pipe on the right. Don't worry, I never played Super Mario on NES either.

Thanks! Any other secret elements I should know about?

Breaking Blocks for "goodies."

If an enemy is on the screen (the other player object), your chance of getting coin, mushroom, star, is 0% (not large guy, or yellow guy), because the coin, mushroom, or star is also the other player object!

Have I said too much??????? :D

• Like 2

It works fine for me in stella. You have to make it a genesis controller, then remap the button to it works with a button on the joypad since stella for some reason has the genesis 3 button mapped to the keyboard.

the wii version does not have any options like that. the only button i can even change that isnt already used is the b button. it maps it as escape but does not work in the game.

Nice to see the ROM released, but what I'm really interested in is a boxed copy. So you'll have more to sell in about two weeks, you say? Will you be creating a brand new thread on AtariAge for this new batch? Is there some kind of notification service you can provide that would allow a not-often-in-the-atari-section-of-the-forum guy like me to make sure I don't miss this second run? :)

Hey Luc, what are you doing here did you get lost ;-)