IGNORED

Princess Rescue Binaries Released!

Albert

So there is zero chance of being able to get a copy of this at this point right? Short of somehow finding somebody willing to sell their copy?

It's easy to get a copy. Just download from the first post and stick it on your Harmony or Cuttle Cart.

If you meant "get a copy of this burned to ROM on a cartridge", there is no legal way to do it. That's quite different than "zero chance", but for purposes of discussion here on the site that's the de facto nexus of Atari homebrew culture, they're equivalent.

All this energy trying to figure out a way to clone the cart could be used making an AtariAge original. Sprybug has posted enough of the code that the community could come up with different sprites, levels and music. Al doesn't restrict runs if he doesn't have to.

I really don't think most of the people asking for carts have the wherewithal to write VCS games, and while Batari Basic is easier to wrap your head around than assembly, even the time I've spent making my 8 or 10 posts on this thread wouldn't have even been enough to get dasm working on my machine (because I've already spent a lot more time than I spent posting to this thread attempting to do just that). As an example, it's been about 90 seconds since I started typing this.

(Of course, as an emulator and Harmony cart guy, I couldn't care less about getting a copy of this on cartridge, but most of the people asking for cartridges have spent even less time than me on this.)

Edited by raindog

Same here, couldn't care less.

I just tried the rom btw... the concept of porting mario is nice but damn the game is very buggy.

I stood on the ground, hopped a turtle and I somehow magically fell through the ground and lost a life. it happened to me several times.

Sometimes I press the fire button and mario doesn't even jump.

and as I was saying....I was just curious about how bankswitching is done. if it was just normal F4 or some custom kind.

Same here, couldn't care less.

I just tried the rom btw... the concept of porting mario is nice but damn the game is very buggy.

I stood on the ground, hopped a turtle and I somehow magically fell through the ground and lost a life. it happened to me several times.

Sometimes I press the fire button and mario doesn't even jump.

and as I was saying....I was just curious about how bankswitching is done. if it was just normal F4 or some custom kind.

One day I was on the second board and I just died out of nowhere .

Edited by AtariBrian

• 6 months later...

:thumbsup:

Reworking the game as LEGENDS for future autograph cartridges. I am changing all the sprites as well as the music. Right now the level designs are the same but I hope to change them also. The Boss fight is against Freddy Krueger but I can switch in any character I want for the boss fight depending on who is signing the cartridge. To avoid any possible copyright problems the bosses would be unnamed in the manual. Everything is work in progress and enemy sprites are place holder.

post-3832-0-43405100-1408538138_thumb.gif

post-3832-0-35881300-1408538149_thumb.gif

post-3832-0-53162500-1408538157_thumb.gif

Flags are now doorways that open

post-3832-0-63838300-1408538173_thumb.gif

post-3832-0-01732800-1408538749_thumb.png

Freddy Krueger

post-3832-0-65033800-1408538755_thumb.png

Freddy's invincible claw attack

post-3832-0-43080000-1408538761_thumb.png

Leatherface. His invincible attack is the chainsaw.

• Like 4

Sweet. I was never big on horror themed games but I'm totally digging the Jason/Hockey mask. You should leave the overalls intact as an homage/parody to the original. Maybe our hero can rescue a zombie Peach at the end with green skin. That would be badass.

I was wondering what to do with the end screen. That is a good idea.

I was chatting to a friend today telling them all about the saga of this game and how now it's being tweaked so as not offend the big N. My friend quipped that the game would be back from the dead after it's previously short life. I thought that if, neotokeo2001, you decide to use the Zombie Princess name a nice tagline would be that:

"Zombie Princess... Back from the dead."

Whatcha think? :)

• Like 1