IGNORED

Princess Rescue Binaries Released!

Albert

Back from the dead indeed! :)

Will give me an excuse to replay the game as well. Are the stages all going to be redone or will it just be a graphics/audio hack with the same level design?

Right now all the stages are the same, with a few small changes. I am hoping to design new stages but that is iffy at this time.

I just wanted to state that there are no plans to release the game, this is being made for LEGENDS autograph cartridges. I do not have permission to release the game. My friend that did the LEGENDS label art is working on a Zombie Princess label for me. I will update in a new topic when I have something new.

• Like 1

Right now all the stages are the same, with a few small changes. I am hoping to design new stages but that is iffy at this time.

I just wanted to state that there are no plans to release the game, this is being made for LEGENDS autograph cartridges. I do not have permission to release the game. My friend that did the LEGENDS label art is working on a Zombie Princess label for me. I will update in a new topic when I have something new.

So no binaries? :sad:

• 3 years later...

Yeah the very last pipe to the right of the screen is downable. The underground stages (x-2) are divided into two segments usually with a pipe at the end of the first. The sky levels (x-3) have a springboard that performs the same function. Dungeouns (x-4) drop you into the boss fight.

• 1 year later...

Had a friend round on Monday, she's 23 and a NES fan, inherited the console/games from her mother. I showed her PR on VCS. First time she held a joystick and what's the red button for, but wow, no problem, she got it straight away.

She still knew all the hidden rooms, power-up's and wotnot. Cleared it in no time, I was impressed.

I introduced her to all the Nintendo games on VCS, she loved Popeye, and thought Donkey Kong was ok, and she even understood the short comings of this game, and why it happened.

So I gave her a history lessen about Atari and the rest of the world, and we both had a great time.

Great to see some young people enjoying Atari.

Edited by high voltage
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I've always wanted a Princess Rescue cart, and every now and then go on a binge of searching for them (right now there'd don't even seem to be any absurdly-priced ones on Ebay!), but something just occurred to me, of the small amount that were ever sold, were any of them actually PAL? I know that the PAL code is available, but was it ever printed to a cart?

Edited by K.Michael

• 5 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 5:21 AM, K.Michael said:

I've always wanted a Princess Rescue cart, and every now and then go on a binge of searching for them (right now there'd don't even seem to be any absurdly-priced ones on Ebay!), but something just occurred to me, of the small amount that were ever sold, were any of them actually PAL? I know that the PAL code is available, but was it ever printed to a cart?

I own a PAL cart with instructions for a „human price“ if you want. 

• 5 months later...