IGNORED

ADAM Software Collection available - 86Mb

NIAD

A couple years ago I posted a large CV & ADAM collection of files on a file sharer that I eventually removed late last year due to it being outdated. I haven't had time to of late to finish the reorganization and clean-up, so I have decided to make available all the ADAM software DDP and Disk Images once again.

Thanks for everyone's patience who has sent me PMs re. the updated collection... one of these days I'll get everything back up and available.

Here is the link to the software collection... http://www.mediafire...bfu78g7x1bno1ci

ED: These Image Files are for use with ADAM Emulators or they can be converted back to ADAM 5 1/4" Disk using an MS-DOS program called DCOPY. Use the Forum Search function for threads detailing how to perform these conversions.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 8

So this version is the same as the previous version? Nothing added?

A couple years ago I posted a large CV & ADAM collection of files on a file sharer that I eventually removed late last year due to it being outdated. I haven't had time to of late to finish the reorganization and clean-up, so I have decided to make available all the ADAM software DDP and Disk Images once again.

Thanks for everyone's patience who has sent me PMs re. the updated collection... one of these days I'll get everything back up and available.

Here is the link to the software collection... http://www.mediafire...bfu78g7x1bno1ci

ED: These Image Files are for use with ADAM Emulators or they can be converted back to ADAM 5 1/4" Disk using an MS-DOS program called DCOPY. Use the Forum Search function for threads detailing how to perform these conversions.

So this version is the same as the previous version? Nothing added?

Pretty much Joe. You should have everything, but perhaps I renamed some files and or deleted duplicates. The only ones you are missing are the copy-protected software released by Walters Software that I still can't make working disk images of and I haven't heard back from ADAMcon concerning the disk image plug-in for Copy II PC. My old system I use for transferring between systems is not old enough to run Copy II PC and I haven't had a chance to test other options.

Can't get the download to actually start :(

I downloaded the archive twice using the link provided above. The first time I had to enter a two word security phrase and then the download option became available. The second time that I JUST TESTED, immediately offered the download button. See the picture from the second time I tested downloading the file.

post-25956-0-06823600-1375410358_thumb.jpg

I get to that point ok, but then it just never actually starts (even using the "Repair your download" thing). That was Chrome, just tried Safari and Firefox, same result. I'm not using any strange firewall, blocking software or anything else strange. It must just be a bizarre connectivity issue. Oh well. Thank you anyway.

post-16769-0-37851400-1375433189_thumb.png

I played the strip poker game last night and she's really bad at cards.

Yeah, the computer player isn't very good as you have found out. Actually the programmer was a good friend BITD and we released a number of adult titles together under the name Adultware... I wrote "The Socializer" if anyone is interested in trying it out and posting some flames :P . Funny thing is, I was all over the place with my efforts while I had the time before taking over the operations of the users group and managing the computer store. I wrote a baseball stat program, created a number of clip art graphics volumes and then released two educational games. Unfortunately, I never completely finished the educational games and implemented everything that I wanted into them due to lack of time... see School Daze in the educational software directory. What time I had for programming after taking over the users group was spent cleaning up, debugging and enhancing software that was submitted to the group for distribution.

Getting back to the Strip Poker game. The actual program was originally released into the Public Domain and the programmer simply added the graphics screens and the small Basic code to load them dependig on how the game was progressing. Pretty smart idea and an easy way to make some money instead of writing the entire program from scratch.

I get to that point ok, but then it just never actually starts (even using the "Repair your download" thing). That was Chrome, just tried Safari and Firefox, same result. I'm not using any strange firewall, blocking software or anything else strange. It must just be a bizarre connectivity issue. Oh well. Thank you anyway.

I'll look into another file sharer like Dropbox and let everyone know when the archive is available.

There is stuff in this archive that is impossible to find anywhere else on the internet. Very much appreciated.

Gotta pass some thanks onto Joe B. and Mark (links to their sites in my SIG) as well as they really helped me in tracking down a lot of missing software that I lost over the years. While there isn't that much missing now, I do have a list of what I am still looking for to try to make this collection as complete as possible, but unfortunately no one seems to have the disk based ColecoVision games that TeleGames released and some of the best titles are copy protected and I have no way to make a disk image of them from the actual ADAM disks that I have.

I'll look into another file sharer like Dropbox and let everyone know when the archive is available.

I got it just now no problem. It must have just been a mediafire issue right at the time of my attempts.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

I got it just now no problem. It must have just been a mediafire issue right at the time of my attempts.

Thank you!!!

OK!! I just now went back to MediaFire and am downloading it. Before when I went there (multiple times) I got the run around with some downloader and other junk they wanted to impress on me.

What a shock! I've encounter 2 errors in the game Strip Poker. One was a stack overflow error where it's just calculating the next random numbers, the other was a wrong evaluation of cards : I had an ace as my highest card, a queen and the 3 others were under 10 and the game said : "YOU'VE NOTHING with a high card of Q."... ok, well it's not a big deal, I won anyway. I think it's the first time that a Coleco game said to me that I was awesome! :grin:

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

I have made your collection loadable via Fujinet - it works great! Thanks for taking the time to assemble this. Loading and running the software via the internet on my ADAM is the next step in the evolution of this amazing computer.

Point your FujiNet device to:

fujinet.diller.org

and check in the ADAM section.

adam1.jpg

adam2.jpg

adam3.jpg

adam4.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, massiverobot said:

I have made your collection loadable via Fujinet - it works great! Thanks for taking the time to assemble this. Loading and running the software via the internet on my ADAM is the next step in the evolution of this amazing computer.

Point your FujiNet device to:

fujinet.diller.org

and check in the ADAM section.

adam1.jpg

adam2.jpg

adam3.jpg

adam4.jpg

What is involved in making a 'local' server on my own WiFi network.?. 

• Like 1