IGNORED

Antic Magazine PDF's?

Larry

One of the early Atari preservation projects was Kevin Savetz' Antic Magazine Archive (www.atarimagazines.com). I scanned and OCR'd a couple of them myself. But that format is not quite so handy as PDF's for casual use (IMO). Are there any PDF archives that have Antic's? Analog's, Compute!'s, and (I think) Page 6/NAU have been scanned into PDF's, but not Antic?

-Larry

One of the early Atari preservation projects was Kevin Savetz' Antic Magazine Archive (www.atarimagazines.com). I scanned and OCR'd a couple of them myself. But that format is not quite so handy as PDF's for casual use (IMO). Are there any PDF archives that have Antic's? Analog's, Compute!'s, and (I think) Page 6/NAU have been scanned into PDF's, but not Antic?

-Larry

Larry, www.atarimania.com added mags some time ago (can't remember when).

I don't know if they have all of the Antics or not.

http://www.atarimani...-magazines.html

-Larry

I don't know if this torrent still works. If it does, it includes all pdf and atr

You install utorrent on your pc and then click the torrent file.

It might be easier to just Google 'Antic magazine torrent' and go to the piratebay site and click download. The torrent is 9 gigabytes, so have a fast connection and some time.

I don't know if somebody is seeding it any more. That is where anybody can run torrent and be part of the 'stream' that people download.

Antic_Magazine_Scans.4662235.TPB.zip

Edited by russg

I don't know if this torrent still works. If it does, it includes all pdf and atr

You install utorrent on your pc and then click the torrent file.

It might be easier to just Google 'Antic magazine torrent' and go to the piratebay site and click download. The torrent is 9 gigabytes, so have a fast connection and some time.

I don't know if somebody is seeding it any more. That is where anybody can run torrent and be part of the 'stream' that people download.

There's one person seeding. At his current speed, it'll take me a day and a half to grab it. I plan on seeding for a while once I've grabbed it. Others may want to grab this before it disappears.

There's one person seeding. At his current speed, it'll take me a day and a half to grab it. I plan on seeding for a while once I've grabbed it. Others may want to grab this before it disappears.

I started seeding Antic, ANALOG and 'Atari 8-bit books'. Sometimes is seed them.

I started seeding Antic, ANALOG and 'Atari 8-bit books'. Sometimes is seed them.

I lost my ANALOG seed. I still have the 7.79 GIG pdf atr of ANALOG on my hard drive, but don't know how to re-install the torrent. I certainly don't want to upload it someplace, it would take too long.

Thumpnugget used to sell, cheaply, ANALOG pdf & atr. I have two DVD-R with 1 to 40 and 41 to 79 ANALOGs. A person could get the entire 7.79 Gigs on one blueray disk.

Edited by russg

Does anyone have the data beyond 40,1% ?.

That's all I can see in the torrent.

BR/

Guus

I see peer pool-71.... at 40.1%. I guess that is you. I just started seeding this morning (9AM 8/8/13 EST). I tried to leave the computer on, but Win8 had to update. Oh, no, I see

four 40.1% peers. I'll try leave utorrent on the rest of the day.

Uhm. OK. I tried to start a new torrent of ANALOG magazine. Here's the torrent file, maybe somebody will see if it works to connect. I have Atari 8bit books, Antic and now ANALOG in utorrent seeding.

I don't have a super connection, only about 5 megbits I think. utorrent says I'm at 85k/s rate, but I have 6 peers.

Here's the torrent file.

Oh, can't upload a *.torrent file, had to zip it.

Torrent.zip

Edited by russg

I see peer pool-71.... at 40.1%. I guess that is you. I just started seeding this morning (9AM 8/8/13 EST). I tried to leave the computer on, but Win8 had to update. Oh, no, I see

four 40.1% peers. I'll try leave utorrent on the rest of the day.

Uhm. OK. I tried to start a new torrent of ANALOG magazine. Here's the torrent file, maybe somebody will see if it works to connect. I have Atari 8bit books, Antic and now ANALOG in utorrent seeding.

I don't have a super connection, only about 5 megbits I think. utorrent says I'm at 85k/s rate, but I have 6 peers.

Here's the torrent file.

Oh, can't upload a *.torrent file, had to zip it.

Yes, the new ANALOG torrent is working, I have three peers on that this morning at 33%. Antic is from 66.3% to 79.3% with six peers. And A8 books is one peer at 72.8%.

Probably should only seed one, but since I started, I'll just leave all three.

Edited by russg

A similar question about Analog's "Boot Camp" by Tom Hudson, et. al. Is anyone aware of an archive of that series? It started in issue 13 and ran (on and off) until near the end of publication.

-Larry

BC-Analog Computing 13 1983-09 Space Assault Roundup.pdf

First issue of Boot Camp.

The rest as a zip file can be found for only one week until 8/16/2013

https://www.dropbox....Camp Analog.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6s9iuh0b7z3q8za/Boot%20Camp%20Analog.zip?token_hash=AAF3KCzyM6l2Unf7c_eJm9bNQLUD1-DZOlnrERNS-EeZww&dl=1

Edited by rdea6

Finaly, I got all data.

But unfortunatelly, the disk1 zip file seems to be corrupt.

I cannot get it to unzip and either get the message it's bigger than 4Gb or winarc claims it's corrupt.

How can this ge solved?

BR/

Guus

I unzipped this disc1.zip. I don't believe my torrent was corrupted as several people downloaded and you're the first to report a corrupted file.

So, here's a torrent to just disc1.zip Antic pdfs. It is 4 gigs, but that's better than the whole 9.17 gig Antic torrent files.

Antic vol. 1, 1 to 4,12.

disc1.zip.zip

Edited by russg

-Larry

While we're talking about Antics. I have 25 lbs of 51 Antics extra.

Cost to ship these would be about $23 parcel post, $13 media mail. Cleveland Ohio to Rockville Maryland, for example.

Here's what I have:

issue volumes

2; 11

3; 1,4,6,8,9,11,12

4; 1,2,5,6,9,11,12

5; 1 to 12 (all 12)

6; 1 to 9

7; 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12

8; 1,2,5,6

9; 1

Just for background, here's about Antic publication;

Complete list of Antic Magazines

Antic began publication 4/82, Volume 1, Issue 1.

They were bi-monthly for the first Volume, six issues.

Starting 4/83 (Vol. 2:1), Antic became monthly.

They published monthly until 9/89, missing only one month

(5/84), making the volume year end with April issue instead

of March issue. That's 65 consecutive monthly issues from

2:1 to 8:5.

Starting 10-11/89, Antic became bi-monthly again (issue

8:6), and were bi-monthly for only 5 issues. Volume 8 only

had 8 issues. 10-11/89 (8:6), 12-1/89-90 (8:7), 2-3/90

(8: 8), 4-5/90 (9:1) and 6-7/90 (9:2), <-- the last issue of

a separate Antic. There was no 8-9/90 Antic. Then Antic was

put as a section of STart magazine for 4 issues (10, 11, 12,

1/90-91). Then STart, still with an Antic 8-bit section,

went bi-monthly for the last 2 issues (2-3/91 and 4-5/91)

then STart folded and that was the end of Antic and STart.

List of Issues/Volumes:

Vol. 1 - Six issues (4-5/82, 1:1) to 2-3/83, 1:6)

Vol. 2 - 12 issues, all monthly

4/83, 2:1 to 3/84, 2:12

Vol. 3 - 12 issues, but no 5/84, so Volume year now ends

April instead of March.

4/84, 3:1, (no 5/84), 6/84, 3:2 to 4/85, 3:12.

Vol. 4 - 12 issues, 5/85, 4:1 to 4/86, 4:12.

Vol. 5 - 12 issues, 5/86, 5:1 to 4/87, 5:12.

Vol. 6 - 12 issues, 5/87, 6:1 to 4/88, 6:12.

Vol. 7 - 12 issues, 5/88, 7:1 to 4/89, 7:12.

Vol. 8 - 8 issues.

5/89 (8:1), 6/89 (8:2), 7/89 (8:3), 8/89 (8:4),

9/89 (8:5), then bi-monthly 10-11/89 (8:6),

12-1/89-90 (8:7), 2-3/90 (8: 8).

Vol. 9 - 2 issues.

4-5/90 (9:1), 6-7/90 (9:2) <-- Last issue of

separate Antic. No 8-9/90 Antic.

Then Antic was put as section of STart magazine for 4

monthly issues (10, 11, 12, 1/90-91). Then STart went

bi-monthly (2-3/91 and 4-5/91) <-- Last issue of STart with

Antic section.

That's 94 issues total, including issues in STart, 88

separate issues of Antic.

Russ Gilbert

Anybody interested? I'd want shipping plus $10 for my trouble.

You can private message me here.

Edited by russg

I seeded as much as I could, hope it helped.

I'm looking at my torrent of Antics, in utorrent. Don't see a seed. I guess we have different torrents, or, because no-one is downloading, it doesn't show up. I'm presently seeding

Antic, ANALOG, Atari 8-bit books and Antic disc1.zip.

Finaly, I got all data.

But unfortunatelly, the disk1 zip file seems to be corrupt.

I cannot get it to unzip and either get the message it's bigger than 4Gb or winarc claims it's corrupt.

How can this ge solved?

BR/

Guus

Hi, Guus,

Yes, it is bigger than 4 GB. I guess winarc will do 4 GB + zips? 4.09 GB, 4,496,347,392 is the size. I use powerarchiver 13.03.02, registered.

Edited by russg