IGNORED

TALES FROM THE GAME ROOM 10: BURNING RANGERS

Looks like it's worth buying, it reminds me of Armored Core for the PS1 (One of my favorite games) with how it advances the story with a mail system, AC does it in the exact same way, and also how the missions work. Actually seems like my type of game I'll have to get it when I get a working Saturn if I spot a decently priced copy of it.

Shame it's so short though, that does put me off it a bit.

Edited by SkullBlade

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I watched.

This won't be a good review. Apologies, but my roommate, who is also a retro-gaming show enthusiast and transgender, and who applauds your work for Sisters...

Well, her first reaction wasn't kind. Before I give her review, I'd like to say what we liked about the show - your enthusiasm, how easily you invoked heavy nostalgia of sneaking up past midnight to catch things like Tales from the Darkside and other horror anthologies, your taste in games.

I wanted to be a fan.

What was missing was any kind of hook, or polish. The webcam fixed on a television doesn't live up to your opening, but more importantly, as our hostess, you leave dead spaces in your words, you repeat yourself. You have a lot of basic declarative sentences like "It's fun" and "You put out fires." that could easily come from watching my mom playing the game. After reminding me that I could simply change the channel, she said "If she's on radio, I want to know where, and if I go there, I'm buying a television."

Please, if you wish to gain a larger audience, don't take any of this personally. Worse things have been said of millions of successful people. I really do believe you can improve dramatically, and I look forward to the day when we're eating our words, and you don't need to give us the time of day.

But you deserved an honest review. After finding out you help out women who are just revealing to the world that they're women... I respected you too much to do anything else. You're like a Fairy God Sister. I wish there were a thousand of you.

Edited by NinjaFlicker

..and transgender, and who applauds your work for Sisters...

After finding out you help out women who are just revealing to the world that they're women... I respected you too much to do anything else. You're like a Fairy God Sister. I wish there were a thousand of you.

Is there something I have missed in Ashley's videos?

Yikes this is getting off topic. Sqoon I think that article you posted was harsh and does nothing positive for this community. The best thing about this site is that even though we may be separated by oceans or ideological differences we all come together to discuss and help each other with a passion that we all have in common. That being said keep the videos coming Ashley. There are many people doing classic video game reviews these days but I think you found a good niche. I like to see reviews on the Saturn, which like most Sega consoles never got the love it deserved. I don't have one myself yet but it is on my list. Also I wouldn't mind seeing a review on your Samsung gxe either. I think that thing is just crazy sweet!

Edited by Dripfree
  • Like 3