IGNORED

The best packaging I've ever seen.

Rev

Since this topic's back Ill throw in my tuppen'orth :grin:

Ive always packed at least that securely,its the only way.I actually go another step by putting an extra layer of card below & on top of the item to avoid the careless buyers who open with a knife and score the box front by accident. I guess being a collector conditions you but the old bubble mailer thing's just as much of a problem in the UK. The worst I ever had was whan I paid £500GBP for a Japanese Nintendo Virtual Boy Virtual Bowling from a seller in Spain,the grail among VB titles. It was probably £100 on the cheap side at the time but as I'd been stung for £12GBP shipping I figured on a solid box.Nontheless I asked specifically to pack securely - given the value of the lot it should be a given but this clown just wrapped the box in 1 turn of brown paper.He SELLOTAPED the start of the brown paper to the box front with some sort of Araldite based sellotape too :mad:

By some small miracle the box mustve been light enough to stay atop the big stuff in the airmail and it arrived in perfect condition. Took a sweaty afternoon of patient fiddling to relieve it of the tape & residue though.

Some sellers are complete numpties and commonsense simply doesn't prevail.They list something they expect £5 for,sell it for £200 and STILL skimp on the packaging. Oddly enough many UK based 'top rated sellers' on ebay used bubble mailers for all shipping,its testament to the indifference of buyers that they remain top rated sellers as nobody ever chirps up about it,so it just goes on and on.

Mind you-from a seller's viewpoint- many buyers are extremely ignorant about mailings and expect everything for nothing. Ive had buyers make some weird demands over the years like

i) The SPECIFIC BRAND of bubble wrap used

ii) The number of TURNS of bubble wrap used

iii) The diameter and radius of bubbles in the bubble wrap used!

iv)LOW NOISE tape on the bubble wrapped item but regular tape on the box

v) Dimensions of box (to a tolerance of 5mm each way)

vi) 2 ply card box ONLY

vii) double box item and mark boxes 1 and 2 so buyer knows when to expect to encounter item!!!

viiii) METAL shipping case to protect £15 game

ix) WOODEN shipping crate for delivery to Sweden

xi) 'Please do not write 'fragile' on box as I punched the mailman for sleeping with my daughter,now he stamps on my mail if he thinks its valuable' ( I LOVED that one-talk about oversharing)

Some gems there and that's just what springs to mind so I guess sellers have a bit to put up with too. But the bad ones outweigh the good ones on eBay by some way.

all my ebay'd stuff came like this!

All I did was ask for packaging that didn't squish the boxes icon_biggrin.gif I was inspired by this guy's post... Thnx IntellivisionDude!

Cool. lol

After receiving 2 Intellivision games in bubble mailers i actually messaged the next seller when i won a copy of Tower of Doom and asked to have it shipped in a box. And guess what? The ignored the message and shipped in a bubble mailer anyway. :mad:

Since your SMB desaster and some problems with my own games from the USA I talked a lot with the seller to pack my Stadium Mud Buggies as safe as possible, even if stupid custom office employees want to see how sharp there knives are. The attachement shows our result: Double boxed (inner box not closed with tape, so the stupiest man in the world can take it out without damaging the game),, thick bubble wrap, cart taken out of the box and the box filled with some paddern,

post-35236-0-66223300-1375880342_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-06083500-1375880371_thumb.jpg

I ship really valuable items in double boxes, but may I suggest instead of having two boxes almost identical in size, the smaller box housing the mugbuggies should be half that size and place the other direction than the outer box, so if cutting w/the knife you don't go through centers of flaps on both boxes. Then you place bubble wrap and packing peanuts around the inside box. I also like to use styrofoam if I have it. When I pack a high value item you can pretty much bet whats in the dead center isn't getting damaged. Bubble mailers have always been a pet peeve of mine. People on GTZ would say I had issues over people not using boxes lol.

Edited by icemanxp300

vii) double box item and mark boxes 1 and 2 so buyer knows when to expect to encounter item!!!

viiii) METAL shipping case to protect £15 game

ix) WOODEN shipping crate for delivery to Sweden

xi) 'Please do not write 'fragile' on box as I punched the mailman for sleeping with my daughter,now he stamps on my mail if he thinks its valuable' ( I LOVED that one-talk about oversharing)

Love the requests ... never had any THAT crazy that I can recall. Especially the mail man!

And thank you for using Roman numerals (even if they need some help ;)) because "I shall never understand this decimal nonsense if I live to be C!"

(if anyone actually knows what that obscure quote is from, I'll be highly impressed)

I put a fair amount of thought into packaging, including using cardboard on top and bottom as extra protection when opening. On a recent package, I also placed extra vertical pieces of cardboard on the sides to give extra strength if something heavy is placed on top of the box. Inside, both games were each placed in Ziploc in case of water damage. The pricier game was also in a clear box protector. Both games were then also bubble wrapped. The only thing I didn't do was use a second box as secondary containment.

When buying, I always contact the seller to discus shipping. Most sellers are accommodating if you're nice and work with them....and offer to pay the additional shipping cost.

While I haven't shipped anything in a while, I have almost always used a box when I did. I also try to both the best of my abilities and resources to make sure what ever i send has enough padding to keep it safe while in transit. Sometimes to the point that I can't shove any more padding into the box, and I can barely close it. Now I will say that my choices of padding has varied from package to package over the years. However, if I sold something and the buyer made a request (within reason) as to how they wanted the package sent. I would try my best to accommodate their request.

Now as for stuff I have received in shoddy packaging. (Not from ebay.) Try a DS Lite sent in a small manila envelope, with a small amount of bubble wrap that must have depleted while in transit. Thankfully it still worked and looked as described when I got it.

• 3 weeks later...