IGNORED

2013 Houston Arcade Expo - November 8th and 9th

Albert

I'll be attending the 2013 Houston Arcade Expo, taking place November 8th and 9th. Once again I'll be setting up a large AtariAge booth with a slew of classic gaming consoles (mostly Atari, but some others also) for attendees to enjoy. These systems have been very popular with people over the years, many of whom haven't seen an Atari 2600 since the 80s!

Will anyone else from AtariAge be there? I can always use some help during setup and/or teardown. Looks like the show is getting an early start this year at noon on Friday, so I may arrive Thursday night to set things up.

Look forward to seeing some of you there!

..Al

I will be there. Love this event. I can let you know if I can help with setup and teardown as we get a little closer, Looking forward to buying some new games!

I generally do not have games for sale at this show. I setup a ton of game consoles, and then I go and play arcade games during the event. :) I did bring two Imagic kiosks last year and had homebrew games setup in them (so people can't easily steal the games) and will be bringing them again this year. If there are games you want to try and/or purchase in person, please let me know and I can bring them to the show for you (this goes for anyone else as well).

..Al

I need to get to one of these again. I had a lot of fun at the one in 2009 (or was it 2008?), but haven't been back since.

I possibly could help with set-up. I might even take Friday off, since I've got some vacation time built up.

That would be great, hope to see you there!

..Al

Id love to attend, but I live in michigan and this mba program and the family stop me from attending. Hope to attend next year....

Certainly understandable, that's a heck of a distance..

Hope to see pics.

I'll take tons of pictures this year, both of the AtariAge setup and the rest of the show. :)

..Al

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be attending the 2013 Houston Arcade Expo, taking place November 8th and 9th. Once again I'll be setting up a large AtariAge booth with a slew of classic gaming consoles (mostly Atari, but some others also) for attendees to enjoy. These systems have been very popular with people over the years, many of whom haven't seen an Atari 2600 since the 80s!

Will anyone else from AtariAge be there? I can always use some help during setup and/or teardown. Looks like the show is getting an early start this year at noon on Friday, so I may arrive Thursday night to set things up.

Look forward to seeing some of you there!

..Al

I'll be there, just booked the hotel and car rental. It will be my first time to any type of expo like this, and have been wanting to go to one of these for a long time now. I'll be driving in from Baton Rouge thursday but don't know what time I'm getting there though.

I was hoping you would have some of those Atari homebrew games for sale at the expo. I guess I'll get a chance to try them thru the Imagic kisoks then.

I'll be there, just booked the hotel and car rental. It will be my first time to any type of expo like this, and have been wanting to go to one of these for a long time now. I'll be driving in from Baton Rouge thursday but don't know what time I'm getting there though.

I was hoping you would have some of those Atari homebrew games for sale at the expo. I guess I'll get a chance to try them thru the Imagic kisoks then.

If there's anything you'd like to buy, I'd be glad to make them for you and bring them to the show. Generally I go to this show to play games, especially since I'm no longer managing an arcade. :) Yes, I'll have the Imagic kiosks at the show again.

See you there!

..Al

I live about 3 miles from this and didn't know it existed. My son, brother in-law and I be there this year for sure...

Does anyone have Atari Computer swap meets where you can sell and buy hardware in Houston? Or is there anywhere to find Atari ST hardware in Houston that you know of?

Thanks,

Rahman

• 1 month later...

I'll be there Friday or Saturday, so if you need anything those days let me know. And I've got a few games I'd love to buy and pick up while you're there.

If you'd like me to bring some games, just let me know in advance (you can send me a PM) and I'll be sure to have them for you. At this show I just setup a bunch of game systems for people to play--I don't actually have homebrews for sale. I set everything up, then spend most of the weekend playing arcade games and pinball machines, checking on the displays periodically to make sure everything's humming smoothly. :D

..Al

If you'd like me to bring some games, just let me know in advance (you can send me a PM) and I'll be sure to have them for you. At this show I just setup a bunch of game systems for people to play--I don't actually have homebrews for sale. I set everything up, then spend most of the weekend playing arcade games and pinball machines, checking on the displays periodically to make sure everything's humming smoothly. :D..Al

Definitely! I'll pm you with a list and go from there.