IGNORED

sold please delete

Mark Wolfe

Unlike the Gamecube adaptor you don’t need to worry about an expensive disk...

While your GBTV is an awesome piece of kit from a technical achievement point of view, it really is a bit impractical at the listed asking price. The GameCube Game Boy Player is dirt cheap (I grabbed mine complete with the disc for $5) and does everything the GBTV above does. Again, it's a very cool thing to capture and convert the LCD signal from a GBA and output it to composite. But at $375 for something that does the same things a $20 (at most) Game Boy Player does, it seems like a difficult value proposition, even if it is a cool one-of-a-kind piece.

Edited by gzsfrk
  • Like 1

I just posted a slim xbox for sale, also kinda pricey but yeah I think he would and can do other systems... I will make sure he chimes in over here this is srot of a trial run partnership we plan to open a webstore or more to the point integrate his stuff into my store.. prototypes are always going to be more expensive due to parts and labor, R&D etc. that's why this stuff is for collectors

While your GBTV is an awesome piece of kit from a technical achievement point of view, it really is a bit impractical at the listed asking price. The GameCube Game Boy Player is dirt cheap (I grabbed mine complete with the disc for $5) and does everything the GBTV above does. Again, it's a very cool thing to capture and convert the LCD signal from a GBA and output it to composite. But at $375 for something that does the same things a $20 (at most) Game Boy Player does, it seems like a difficult value proposition, even if it is a cool one-of-a-kind piece.

I can understand where your coming from. For me I see no need to own a GameCube so this is a better alternative. Using this concept I can also make large screen gameboy handhelds. and cater to the lsdj market

I do appreciate the ideas as it helps me with my next work. This is a stepping stone for a larger model. Plus I personally think the case is sleek as anything and is much nice to put next to your set top box then a colorful GameCube.

I do appreciate the ideas as it helps me with my next work. This is a stepping stone for a larger model. Plus I personally think the case is sleek as anything and is much nice to put next to your set top box then a colorful GameCube.

I told you this before but for LSDJ users, I think a much larger flip-up screen would be super cool, something all in one, with a screen that is bright and large enough like at least 12" not a large handheld but a desktop model

another approach would be to make it fit in a 19" standard RACK mount case, like so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19-inch_rack

then outfit it with a 17-19" screen... THAT would be pro all the way bro... seriously. design it so that most LCD computer screens could be used to mount in it once the stands and maybe outer casing has been removed, sort of a DIY aspect to the kit to keep prices down. then I think you'd really have something, oh and of course MIDI implementation, that is a must have!

Considering what folks regularly pay for the midi capable V64 SID Chip machine, I think this would be a no brainer

this thing is a bit over the top and is a table top version, where I'd prefer a soundbox I can control with my midi controller of my choice, but this gives you an idea of the possibilities that you can do with the GB/GBC/GBA... I personally think it should be able to do all three and have the original sound chips or motherboards or whatever with pro audio mods and midi implementation, fit into a box that can take any one of the three carts in a 19" rack with optional customer supplied 17-19" LCD computer screen:

it would also be nice if there were some on board buttons and knobs that would control over/under clocking and volume, midi channel, and maybe an input for another instrument or chaining more than one together

just sayin'

:D

• Like 1

for football owners who may be outpriced on this impressive, but yes expensive mod may I suggest

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1710951331081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=171095133108&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I had one of these back in the day with my football gba, you replace the entire back plate of the gba and when you wanted tv out you latched on a backpack, making a chunky machine, but no worse than an xbox controller

its composite only but on my unit it did a pretty darn good job, after some time the back pack did get a little loose so you had to watch the rage quits

for football owners who may be outpriced on this impressive, but yes expensive mod may I suggest

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1710951331081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=171095133108&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I had one of these back in the day with my football gba, you replace the entire back plate of the gba and when you wanted tv out you latched on a backpack, making a chunky machine, but no worse than an xbox controller

its composite only but on my unit it did a pretty darn good job, after some time the back pack did get a little loose so you had to watch the rage quits

That is where I started out back in 2008. I wanted gba on the TV. The problem with that is the video quality. I don't mean composite. As it barely clamps onto the existing LCD cable the picture quality is very unreliable. For those who don't care about video quality and something durable its a good route.

I don't mean that in a backhanded way either. Some want the GBA on TV just to have it. Those who really want it will be very frustrate with that route and end up having wasted their money.

Both have pros and cons, it's all about what you want in the end.

Consolizing any handheld is impractical, just as portablizing a console. The handiwork required and time is what you are paying for.

In a way it's like saying to an artist, "why'd you paint that, when you could have taken a photograph".

People don't do these things for profit most of the time when you account for their time. Frankly I don't think the posted price is offensive, but of course, the cheaper, the sellier. When people post stuff like this for $1k that is homemade, I just don't see the market for it.

• Like 1

You can already play your psp on a tv, with a super game boy-like frame around it with component cables and the dock or in fullscreen with a converter box. You can even use the ps3 dualshock with it.

The kit to do that is VERY sketchy and usually wrecks your PSP in my personal experience. I'd much rather pay someone who loves his craft.

The kit to do that is VERY sketchy and usually wrecks your PSP in my personal experience. I'd much rather pay someone who loves his craft.

The full screen one? I've never tried it so that's good to know. I assumed it was just a signal converter between the psp and the tv? How does it wreck the psp?

It's just hella annoying to buy all the official crap for the psp, have the psp home screen show up in glorious full frame, then when you start a game it switches to being completely framed

Edited by kid_vidiot

The full screen one? I've never tried it so that's good to know. I assumed it was just a signal converter between the psp and the tv? How does it wreck the psp?

It's just hella annoying to buy all the official crap for the psp, have the psp home screen show up in glorious full frame, then when you start a game it switches to being completely framed

It's an internal mod. Nothing lines up properly so everything gets unseated easily. You end up re-doing your work until eventually something breaks. Not fun.