IGNORED

Titanium

Asmusr

How do I get this loaded in Classic99? I've saved it under DSK1 as TITANIUM.DSK and have selected E/A from Cartridge, Apps. On Classic99 boot, selected option 2 for E/A, then option 5 in E/A. Typed DSK1.TITANIUM enter then I get I/O error code 7.

You can choose between file and disk operation in Classic99. Disk operation is read only.

Go to the Disk menu within Classic99. Choose DSK1 and the first item (file path).

Change Disk Type from Files (FIAD) to Image (DSK). Choose Path and locate the TITANIUM.DSK.

:)

Edited by sometimes99er

Go to the Disk menu within Classic99. Choose DSK1 and the first item (file path).

Change Disk Type from Files (FIAD) to Image (DSK). Choose Path and locate the TITANIUM.DSK.

:)

That did it - thanks!

The Vangelis Blade Runner soundtrack is great!

• Like 2

By the way, when speaking about background music, I notice the Gyruss-alike music plays every so often in the background. I does have some effect on the sound effects, but since it can be done how about an option for background music?

• 4 weeks later...

In the "Debug" menu of the debug window you have some items like a disassembler window (Dasm window) and a memory inspection window (Memory window). Open one of each. You can enter an address in the line at the top of the new windows. The memory window can show different memory areas; you should probably have a look at "TMS9929A ':vdp' vram space memory" so you can check the VDP RAM where the PAB and the buffers are.

Not to hijack the thread, but any idea how I do this on a Mac? I have the main debug window up and running, but when selected I get no "debug" menu in the global menu bar...

• 2 weeks later...

Love the game - been playing it and admiring it! If you want to add interrupt driven speech let me know. Just let me know what phrases you would like and I can give them to you in LPC format for streaming to the speech synth. The routine to read the speech synth status needs to be in PAD RAM though. See the chapter on speech in the Editor/Assembler manual.

Thanks for your kind offer and sorry for being so slow to respond. I would like to add some speech to my Scramble clone. We could start with the opening phrase "HOW FAR CAN YOU INVADE OUR SCRAMBLE SYSTEM?". How many bytes would a phrase like that approximately be in LPC?

Thanks,

Rasmus

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have made a Titanium ROM image for the 64K bank switched cart. It still requires 32K RAM but no companion disk.

To load it in Classic99, add something like this to classic99.ini:

[usercart1] 
; *** Titanium 64K bank switched cart
name="Titanium"
rom0=3|0000|10000|mods\titanium3.bin

or you can just Open it as a user cartridge.

If any of you have the hardware to make a real cartridge, please let me know if it works.

Titanium3.zip

• Like 1

So I was testing Titanium on real hardware today using my F18A equipped console, and experienced weird video behavior which I recorded below. I was not able to reproduce it subsequently, so I'm not sure what happened here. It is possible that this was related to a hardware glitch on my system, but I have never experienced this before with any other software. Has anyone else experienced this?

http://youtu.be/l0dAVanv6H8

Edited by Vorticon

So I was testing Titanium on real hardware today using my F18A equipped console, and experienced weird video behavior which I recorded below. I was not able to reproduce it subsequently, so I'm not sure what happened here. It is possible that this was related to a hardware glitch on my system, but I have never experience this before with any other software. Has anyone else experienced this?

I experienced similar, and think I supplied pictures (earlier in the thread... I am not good at searching.)

I experienced similar, and think I supplied pictures (earlier in the thread... I am not good at searching.)

Your pictures are in post 40.

It's really difficult to tell what is going on. My best guess is that a register that controls the name table switching (and there's lots of that in Titanium) is corrupted.

I have never seen this myself. The only weird thing I have seen (and this is on my F18A with the old 1.3 firmware) is that the enemy sprites suddenly start moving at near light speed.

I've seen the same thing as shown on the video multiple times when emulating the game in MESS 0.135. I don't know what causes that glitch to appear, but once it's there, it never goes away unless you reboot the game (that is, switch off the virtual TI-99 and restart it).

Oddly, at least with this MESS version, the F18A mode works a bit quirky. On default, it's displayed in the title screen, although I don't know if MESS supports the F18A at all. If you switch off the F18A mode, you get color corruption, that is, only the upper third of the screen displays correctly, the lower two thirds are corrupted. Sorry, don't have a screenshot of this at the moment.

I've seen the same thing as shown on the video multiple times when emulating the game in MESS 0.135. I don't know what causes that glitch to appear, but once it's there, it never goes away unless you reboot the game (that is, switch off the virtual TI-99 and restart it).

Oddly, at least with this MESS version, the F18A mode works a bit quirky. On default, it's displayed in the title screen, although I don't know if MESS supports the F18A at all. If you switch off the F18A mode, you get color corruption, that is, only the upper third of the screen displays correctly, the lower two thirds are corrupted. Sorry, don't have a screenshot of this at the moment.

MESS 0.135, that's from 2009. And it starts up in F18A mode? Very strange, the F18A wasn't even on the drawing board (as far as I know) at that time. The latest version of MESS (0.150) doesn't have any F18A support.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

regarding the glitch. experienced it on f18a real hardware. i think i triggered it when accelerating very fast in one direction and during that changed direction to the opposite and accelerated very fast again. so it appeared like i interefered the ongoing up-scrolling with the ship suddenly flying down, forcing it to down-scroll. maybe that makes sense?

• 4 weeks later...

I have made a Titanium ROM image for the 64K bank switched cart. It still requires 32K RAM but no companion disk.

To load it in Classic99, add something like this to classic99.ini:

[usercart1] 
; *** Titanium 64K bank switched cart
name="Titanium"
rom0=3|0000|10000|mods\titanium3.bin
or you can just Open it as a user cartridge.

If any of you have the hardware to make a real cartridge, please let me know if it works.

I stuck this on a 27c256 (doubled the image) and it locks up after i hit space on the title .. title plays the music until i hit the key then nothin but a blank screen..

Greg