IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 14 ~ Towering Inferno

Vocelli

~ WEEK 14 ~

Towering Inferno

s_ToweringInferno_2.png

CLARIFICATION: No use of CHEATS, emulation advantages, bugs, cart frying or other variables that gives you an unfair advantage is allowed in this HSC. Before you even consider using such non-sense a PM must be sent to me, the Moderator, to ask for clarification on any such advantage or rules and if any of the above variables are allowed. So assume you cannot use any of the above variables to play in the 2600 HSC until you are given authorization to do so by me, your humble yet strict MODERATOR!

Towering Inferno ~

Released By: US GAmes

Left Difficulty: B (easy): Flames are visible through the walls,

Right Difficulty: B (easy): Flames are visible through the walls,

Game Mode: Game 1 (of Note: use RIGHT joystick port for player one)

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else. The deadline for posting scores is Midnight the evening of August 18.

Bonus:

‘Post a Pic’

For you to get 2 bonus points please ‘Post a Pic’ from an Atari 2600 game of:

~ A building or a place that a person can live. (I will accept big buildings, small buildings, huts, caves, offices, apartments, igloos, teepees) I will not accept cars or trees and many other places that people do/cannot live.

~ Name your building/living quarters. (example...The Mega Mini Tower)

~ Tell me why you would live there.

You may NOT choose the same Atari 2600 as someone else. You may NOT choose this weeks’ game of Towering Inferno.

If you can do all of this, the +2 bonus points are yours.

Good luck and have fun with it!

Towering Inferno ~ Scores

3011 - NorthcoastGamer (+25) (+2) now lives in the Skyscraper Penthouse from Superman because it has a great view for gaming

2973 - Zoyx (+24) (+2) now lives at Zoyx Eatonrun Towers from Rampage because eating people is yummy.

2891 - Gorfy(+23) (+2) now lives in The Golden Man Cave of Gorfdom from Adventure because it is spacious and feels like home.

2752 - Snakeboy (+22) (+2) now lives at Gluttony Gardens from Mangia because there is a woman there that brings you food over and over and over again for no apparent reason.

2559 - Liduario (+21)(+2) now lives at the Mad Tower from Crazy Climber because he wants to throw some pots at those climbers.

2400 - Chuck D Head (+20)

2373- SBAZ (+19)(+2) now lives at the back street alley club the Backstreet Beatdown from Double Dragon because it is a WILD time with booze, women and brawlin'.

2279 - Darthkur (+18)(+2) now lives in The Black House of Doom from Bobby is Going Home simply because "there's no place like home".

2089 - Khryssun (+17)(+2) now lives at My Sweet Earthling Shelter from ET because it has cold beer and D&D players within.

2065 - NIKON (+16)(+2) now lives in The Villa on the river from River Raid because he likes to fish there.

2035 - Scrabble15 (+15)(+2) now lives at Edgewood Estates from Smurfs Rescue because it is a ranch nestled in a forest.

1717 - Serious (+14)(+2)

1531 - Karokoenig (+13)(+2) now lives at The Death Star from Return of the Jedi because the view is fantastic, quiet neighborhood, and the air condition is awesome.

1402 - Keilbaca (+12)(+2) now lives in the Castle of Howard Hurtz from Warlords because he enjoys the mead and the wenches.

1337 - Spiceware (+11)(+2) now lives in Haunted Manor from Haunted House because as Ray Parker Jr says 'I aint afraid of no Ghost'.

1316 - Vocelli (+10)(+2) now lives in The Ghetto Spider Apts from Crackpots because I can gaze every night in the distance at the lovely and beautiful Crazy Climber towers.

1186 - Ferghead (+9)(+2) now lives at Sad Mansion from Sneak n Peek because he can hide wherever he wants and no one will be able to find him.

1169 - Oyamafamily (+8) (+2) now lives in Barreirinha Mini Tower from Pickup because it has many amenities.

580 - CraftsmanMike (+7)(+2) now lives at the 'Beat-em and Eat-em' Crack House. because of its simple rules, keep yur yap shut, and DON'T LOOK UP!!!!

467 - Fallout002 (+6)

333 - Roadrunner (+5)

329 - JBlenkle (+4)

272 - Aftermac (+3)(+2) now lives at theTapper's Corner Brewery from Tapper with lots of IPA's, stout's, and porter's on tap, sports on the tube, arcade games, darts, pool table, hot bar girls, and everybody knows your name.

000 - ClassicGamer27330 (+2) now lives in Iggy's Igloo from Frostbite because he hates hot weather.

000 - LarcenTyler (+2) now lives at The Marvel Apartments from Spider-Man because is it located near the NYC Subways and you can't beat having Spider-Man there to protect you!

000 - Birdbot (+2) now lives at the Keystone Dept Store from Keystone Kapers because then he can spend days watching Keystone Kelly chase Harry Hooligan, which would be entertaining.

OVERALL RANKINGS THROUGH UNIQUE WEEKS #2

The Top 24 make the Bracket Challenge at the end of the season.

1. Liduario Y 303

2. S.BAZ 278

2. Northcoastgamer O 278

4. Gorfy Y 251

5. Vocelli Y 239

6. Snakeboy 230

7. Zoyx O 225

8. Spiceware 210

9. Oyamafamily 205

10. Keilbaca 198

11. Scrabbler15 175

12. Karokoenig 151

13. Aftermac 149

14. Darthkur 137

14. Shinobiedo 137

16. Classicgamer27330 106

17. Skosh 93

18. The Smirk 84

19. Mister-VCS 79

20. RJ 77

20. NIKON 77

22. Larcen Tyler 73

23. CraftsmanMIKE 59

24. Fallout002 48

24. Ferghead 48

26. Birdbot 44

27. Vaughan 42

28. Khryssun 35

29. KeyboardCowboy 30

30. Weird Paul 27

31. Roadrunner 25

32. Zeptari1 24

33. WickeyColumbus 23

34. jblenkle 22

34. Stan 22

36. Gray 21

37. Star Knight 20

38. Turnquest 19

39. Yarjr 15

40. DoctorTom 12

41. DTKofoed 11

42. Red Tide 9

43. Ahuffman 6

44. Darrin9999 4

44. W.Lefeavers 4

44. Algus 4

44. Dan I 4

44. Ashkin2002 4

49. Atariano 2

50. JacobZu7Zu7 1

50. BSA Starfire 1

NEW SEASON ~ The NEW High Score Club Season 2 LINE-UP

August

We will play 2 more of your suggestions.

Sept

Wow, we will play 2 homebrews.

~~~ Lady Bug

~~~ToyShop Trouble

We will play 3 of your suggestions

Paddle weeks. We will Play 2 Paddle Games

We will play 3 of your suggestions

We will play 2 games that were NEVER played.

The last 3 weeks we will play Wild Cards. Double points and beat the leader weeks.

There will be several UNIQUE weeks !

Estimated # of Weeks is 30-35.

Edited by Vocelli

The yellow castle from Adventure, which I will name "the Golden Man Cave of Gorfdom". I would dig living here because it's much more spacious than our little, one-bedroom house and would accommodate the jumbo-sized, retro game room of my most salacious dreams. Besides, having brought the chalice to the gates of the castle countless times since adolescence, it now just seems like going home. [ Related factoid: the word "nostalgia" is derived from the ancient Greek word "nostos", which means "return home".]

post-27900-0-68357500-1376136559_thumb.jpg

We should do a side competition on this. Nothing like a good competition to thoroughly test a game.

I suggest to post in that thread.

Something like: I got a score of 8k and no bug this far. :-D

Then: oh it's 10k and no bug...

I just posted there:

May I start a little competition for hunting bugs purpose? ;) I will edit this post avoiding too much score posts.

Difficulties:

B/B: 9,440 and no bug so far.

A/B: around 6,400 and no bug so far.

post-24681-0-57785400-1376162359_thumb.png

BONUS - Building from the game PICKUP (a 2600 Prototype game)

Building name: Barreirinha Mini Tower

I would like to live in this building because the bedrooms are more comfortable and equipped with air-conditioning system. Also, there is a gas heating system which gives more comfort to take a shower, specially in the Winter.

Bonus submisssion : Elliott's House from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial which I named "My sweet earthling shelter"

Nothing's better when travelling outer space that "My sweet earthling shelter"... because of cold beer and D&D players around. :-D

post-27-0-69622800-1376172047_thumb.jpg

Edited by khryssun
  • Like 1

Okay, let's get on the board... Towering Inferno: 1,064...

For the bonus, I attached a screenshot. I like the unusual architecture with no corners. The view is fantastic, quiet neighbourhood, and the air condition is awesome. A bit too powerful even, sometimes. Maybe I should have one of the vents closed...

P.S. @ Scrabbler. Nice one with the Smurfs. Was my first idea when I read the conditions for this week's competition. You were faster, so I had to come up with a slightly more remote estate ;-)

post-34656-0-72883200-1376244183_thumb.jpg

post-34656-0-14355900-1376244198_thumb.jpg

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 1

(...)

P.S. @ Scrabbler. Nice one with the Smurfs. Was my first idea when I read the conditions for this week's competition. You were faster, so I had to come up with a slightly more remote estate ;-)

(...)

Nikon and Scrabbler were faster than me.

Then I thought I could be faster than Vocelli who loves Crazy Climber and I picked that one. :)