IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 14 ~ Towering Inferno

Vocelli

The game starts to frustrate me. All the work with perfect run after perfect run for 8 floors, only to get screwed by an insane timer and randomly strewn in impossible levels on top of a building... Here's my slight, but probably totally worthless improvement: 1,445...

(edit) A few more attempts brought it up to 1,515.

post-34656-0-52914500-1376504001_thumb.jpg

Edited by karokoenig

post-34560-0-59011600-1376521192_thumb.jpg

(floor 9, 3rd tower)

I played Towering Inferno a lot back in the day & I did not have a good opinion of it, but once again the hsc has turned my opinion around & I'm already liking it. I still don't like Commando Raid though.

a couple points of advise:

1. get the 30pts bonus for clearing a room of flames, which also relieves the humans from dying while you get out

2. keep in mind the top floor (9) burns the humans to death fast! so I try to remember to take one side of the room & get in & out fast, not bothering to clear the room. this may seem obvious, but since I got in the habit of clearing rooms it's easy to forget I'm getting close to the top of a building. then I realize it's too late & game over.

post-34560-0-55692800-1376521199.png

I've been trashing out with some hardcore bruisers lately! There's a seedy club in a greasy alley back in Double Dragon... the boys here have been feeding me vodka and clobbering the hell out of each other! Sometimes they let me join in the fun and in the last couple of weeks we have DESTROYED this place... it's called Backstreet Beatdown!!! and Billy & Jimmy are retro-gamers, so what else could I ask for? I've hardly left the place in weeks...

post-34560-0-09542900-1376523278_thumb.jpg

(the gals here are pretty tough too)

I wanted to also say hats off to everyone for last round, that was hardcore!

also cheers to Gorfy, Lid & Northcoast for those Time Warp scores...

Hardcore!

• Like 2

Nice one Xoyx! I think that might top Toymailman's score from last time. (Edit: No, but you were close to his 2,996)

I got a big improvement - 2,345

post-26465-0-92345300-1376546680_thumb.jpg

I'm sure he would of scored higher if we pushed him harder. Thanks, though... came within inches of clearing the 4th building.

Edit: Apparently he submitted the score to TwinGalaxies.

Edited by Zoyx

My brother said he won't try to catch me in our challenge because he would need to play more than he wanted to... :(

Now I'm with 303 and he's wih 277 (his actual 137 points + 140).

Well, at least he will continue to play and post for fun :-D which is a good thing.

I still wait to see what he can get from Towering Inferno since he worked as a fireman!

Hmm... maybe this game is not exactly a relaxing one when you are an ex-fireman.

He only told me it's a much better experience with no smoke, no heavy equipament to carry but you still want to be faster and can't do it.

• Like 2