IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 14 ~ Towering Inferno

Vocelli

...or getting stuck on the walls while trying to make your escape.

Yep. Try playing on emulator with the keyboard. Great fun.

I'm totally burnt out (!) on this game. I make it to the second building maybe once in 20+ attempts. the 1500 something is all I can do this week. So be it. Need to get that cart some day, and try out if I'd be any better with my trusted Joystick...

• Like 1

Yep. Try playing on emulator with the keyboard. Great fun.

I'm totally burnt out (!) on this game. I make it to the second building maybe once in 20+ attempts. the 1500 something is all I can do this week. So be it. Need to get that cart some day, and try out if I'd be any better with my trusted Joystick...

Definitely need to play via joystick. I'm amazed by how well you and some others (e.g. Classicgamer27330) perform using a keyboard! I'd be lucky just to score a few points.

• Like 1

I'm amazed by how well you and some others (e.g. Classicgamer27330) perform using a keyboard! I'd be lucky just to score a few points.

Just to make that clear: I don't always play on emulator, and when I do, I usually try to use my Competition USB joystick. (it's not a 1:1 clone of the original Compys, but it's better than keyboard). Only this time, I don't have it with me; and I'm staying with my gf for several weeks on end in the next months (new workplace, moving together soonish, etc.). During the few days I am actually at home and near my console, I use an obscure kind of mini-arcade stick with built-in paddles. That thing feels like a natural extension of my hands, and when I can use it, I have no excuse at all for bad scores :-). My Pac Man rollage was done with that stick.

Guys like Classicgamer, who always play on emulator... now THAT's badass. I just suck at most games, and look for excuses, hehe.

I managed to get only up to 1186 before I quit in frustration. I got this game confused with Firefighter and wondered why it looked so different.

Towering Inferno Game 1 B/B 1,186

I would like to live in the house from Sneak n Peek, which I will call the Sad mansion, because I can hide wherever I want and no one will be able to find me while Public Domain music plays on the $12,000 stereo system that I have installed to combat my crippling loneliness.

post-3412-0-52046300-1376862716_thumb.jpg

Edited by ferghead
  • Like 1

Towering Inferno

Man, this game is annoying more than difficult. Nothing like sitting there on level 9, waiting for the fire to come your way. Only for it not to, ever, and all of your survivors die off.

I live in the Castle of Howard Hurtz in Warlords, enjoying mead and my wenches.

post-4191-0-57639200-1376881530_thumb.jpg

post-4191-0-33556000-1376881582_thumb.jpg

S.Baz, if you make it to PRGE this year, we will have to have a live Towering Inferno showdown with Toymailman!

OK that sounds great!! I am trying to make it, it looks like I will have to work but we will see. It is not far from me & I am really hoping to make it to that!!

TOWERING INFERNO 3474

i am really sorry i don't have a pic I turned the ATARI off !

i made it to floor 9 of Tower 4

2 times i have finished the 3rd building

but usually the 9th floor is pretty much impossible

so it's all about making it to the top of building 3 as often as possible

i have a much greater appreciation for this game now

i think this may be the best US Games / VidTec game

one thing i have noticed: you can pay attention to where the flames / groups of flames go: they go in a limited range left to right.

if you can see where the range of where they have gone left, and where they have gone right, you can get a pretty good idea where the middle of that is at, and it seems like they will crave to get back to that middle point. -- i feel like i can tell where they are going to go sometimes !! I have been amazed sometimes when i feel like i can make a run for it and it works, but then i knew it ! they want to get back to their center point.

one more tip: if you think you can clear the whole room, don't waste any time hitting the white box !!

since the humans will be safe as soon as you finish off the flames, you may actually save 25 pts by skipping the box until after flames are clear so forget about white box unless you have to walk by it anyway, or you're running out without finishing