IGNORED

If you could have any console, what would it be?

If we're including home computers, I'd cast a vote for the X68000. It's a machine so advanced for its time it makes the Amiga look like one of those cymbal-banging monkeys.

When you say "what game system would you like the most?," you mean in addition to the other ones, right? We don't have to pick a game system to the exclusion of everything else?

a Entex AdventureVision:Entex-AdventureVision.jpg

Holy mother of crap I want one of these bad. I never even heard of it before this post so I watched a few vids on it. It's got spinning mirrors and stuff thats like awesome and stupid at the the same time. I have a few Entex handhelds I stumbled across (poker and football), but this baby takes the cake. One vid the guy said there were maybe like a hundred left. A few weeks ago I thought I hit the jackpot and found a lady who sold me a vectrex and 4 games for 15 bucks. I'm gonna wish on all my lucky stars, pet my lucky turtle, pray to Jesus God and Budah that I someday stumble across a lady who has got one of these.

• Like 2

Holy mother of crap I want one of these bad. I never even heard of it before this post so I watched a few vids on it. It's got spinning mirrors and stuff thats like awesome and stupid at the the same time. I have a few Entex handhelds I stumbled across (poker and football), but this baby takes the cake. One vid the guy said there were maybe like a hundred left. A few weeks ago I thought I hit the jackpot and found a lady who sold me a vectrex and 4 games for 15 bucks. I'm gonna wish on all my lucky stars, pet my lucky turtle, pray to Jesus God and Budah that I someday stumble across a lady who has got one of these.

my wife snagged me one off ePay as an engagement present. just save your $$$, be patient, and you will eventually find one with all four carts for under $800 like she did.

There's a few I'd still like to get my hands on but they're mostly imports and expensive.

VTech CreatiVision

Entex Adventure Vision

Casio PV-1000

NEC SuperGrafx

Funtech Super A'Can

Plus computers like

Sharp X68000 (of which I blew the opportunity of a lifetime to have a complete system a couple months ago. :( )

Enterprise 64

TRS - 80 Model 1

BBC Micro

Acorn Electron

Sord M5

Fujitsu F7

Fujitsu Towns

Sharp X1

NEC PC-88

NEC PC-98

NEC 6001

NEC 8001

Thompson M5 and/or M6

Ti 99/4

I'd probably have to win the lottery to get most of these, especially when you ad in shipping costs.

The TI 99/4 was sold in the USA so you should be able to get one for cheap eventually.

Thomson MO5/TO7-70 sold for 30€ (loose). Later models are less common but not much looked after, if you really want all the variants.

Another French system you might like is the Exelvision EXL100, based on the TI99/A (it was conceived by French engineers from Texas Instrument France) but with more powerful graphisms, and included digital synthesis speech.

(crappy video but you can listen the amazing synthetised speech)
  • Like 1

I sold my Vectrex several years ago, and wish that I hadn't, so there's that. Before anyone judges me, I sold off a bunch of my gaming stuff to buy my wife her engagement ring. I've bought almost all of it back and then some, but still don't have a Vectrex.

I really love the TG16/PCE/Duo scene but have never had, or even played a SuperGrafx. So an RGB-modded one would be nice. Hard to justify the purchase when it only has a handful of games, though.

The main thing I would like is a real MVS cab, and the space for it. I have a CMVS and it's awesome hooked up to my RGB monitor, but it isn't the same as having a real cab. But I really have nowhere to put one. I have a good-sized house, but it's a fancy old house and my wife would not be down with a cab sitting anywhere in it, outside of my man cave. And there definitely is no room in there. I could put one in the garage, but even that would be a tight squeeze. Our house is only enough that it only has a 1-car garage, and on top of having a car out there, I have my work bench and of course we store a bunch of crap on shelves.

Damn, i wish I had a cool coders nick name like those guys. Also, a technical question maybe. I noticed the screen is really off center, is this typical of this system or maybe the screen they had just is messed up a little?

Boobs on an AdventureVision... that's got to be a first. So where'd the original graphic come from, Magical Drop on the Neo-Geo?