IGNORED

Trying to run BAS file from within an ATR with Atari800Win

Foebane

I'm trying to run this old game, which was a type-in listing but which is stored as BAS files within an ATR:

http://justyce.org/atari.html

But, even knowing that the instructions are for an older A8 emulator (XFormer), it's still an ATR file and should still work for Atari800Win PLus.

Try as I might, though, I cannot get the image mounted on D2: so that it can be run with the Atari BASIC "Run" command as shown on the page - it says the device does not exist.

I heard that AtariDOS is also needed, but I used to use that back in the 1980s and I cannot for the life of me remember how to run BASIC programs from AtariDOS, if I even can.

Can anyone help me?

I was sort of able to get the software you linked to working. You do need an Atari Dos in drive 1 and the Dr. Who in drive 2. Even so when you run the program, you wait several seconds for what looks like some sort of yellow map screen to appear and then the program immediately terminates with no error. Well if you want to play around with the version you linked to instead of those posted by others, I've attached Dos 2.5 for you.

Bob

DOS25.ATR

There is a version on atarimania which seems to work ok - and it autoboots from D1 (you need BASIC cartridge installed).

http://www.atarimani...ture_16975.html

Thanks, Playsoft! That's brought back a few memories, would love to try and beat it once more like I originally did after I spent ages typing it in!

And thanks to everyone else, who offered advice and programs. ;)