IGNORED

Remember these contests?

Eltigro

Nice contest! Side note -- another contest I always wondered about was the Castlevania 3 one (you see the sticker on the front of the box of almost every copy). Grand prize was a few days going to Translavania. I entered it, but never did find out what happened to it. I had also sent in for a list of winners, but never got THAT either. My inquiry to Konami went unanswered, but that was a few years ago. Since Romania started undergoing problems around the time the trip was planned (1991) I suspect it got canceled.

• Like 1

Nice post. I was just thinking about those contests the other day for some stupid reason. As soon as I read the title of your post I was hoping it would be about this. I never entered, even when I was young I knew it was a scam. I'm sure there were winners but it was really just a lottery. The little word jumble was always so easy you knew everyone who entered got it right and then everyone was just thrown into a hopper. It's pretty simple really they give away 18,000 in prizes and they make more then that with the entry fees. I guess thats not a scam its just a lottery. I'm sure the odds are better then powerball too.

It was not about simply solving the puzzle shown and entering but instead you started with a simple puzzle then had to keep going with progressively harder puzzles to solve, by the last couple puzzles they progressed in difficulty to the point of eliminating contestants. By the last round though I forget how a final "winner" was chosen. I was usually out pretty early on. :grin:

It was not about simply solving the puzzle shown and entering but instead you started with a simple puzzle then had to keep going with progressively harder puzzles to solve, by the last couple puzzles they progressed in difficulty to the point of eliminating contestants. By the last round though I forget how a final "winner" was chosen. I was usually out pretty early on. :grin:

Since I never entered I never knew there were more puzzles. I always kinda assumed the point of the puzzle was to lure in dummies. Like you would solve the puzzle think your smarter then most and say well I got to enter no one else is gonna get this. Did you have to pay again for puzzle that would have been a total rip off.

Since I never entered I never knew there were more puzzles. I always kinda assumed the point of the puzzle was to lure in dummies. Like you would solve the puzzle think your smarter then most and say well I got to enter no one else is gonna get this. Did you have to pay again for puzzle that would have been a total rip off.

Oh yeah you kept paying, in some ways I persisted out of sheer stubbornness until I reached a point where the puzzles were so difficult I could not of continued even if I wanted to pay........I tend to be a lot more careful with money these days, I don't even play lotteries lol.