IGNORED

What one-of-a-kind Intellivision items do you have?

Rev

What is it? Dealer training guide?

Yes. I recently bought an Intellivision unit with some games. The seller (a woman) worked for Mattel Electronics in 80's and trained the sellers about the ECS. There some information about other games for the ECS....

I bet it's a guide for the programmers working at Mattel Electronics France, later known as Nice Ideas

Unfortunately not :)

Edited by scalpel
  • Like 1

My rare stuff is limited. Yeah I've got all the joysticks, or at least all of the ones released during the Intellivision lifecycle. I've got a Cuttle Cart 3, a VideoPlexer, but I have nothing ONE of a kind.

My most unique are: A Spiker in MINT condition, Christmas Carol (Clear Cart with replacement Cart as well), I have a BLIX, I have one game that doesn't exist and I have one of two Atari Age 2015 PRGE demo ROM Carts of Piggy Bank in the LTO carts (Unreleased ROM variant) and one of the two Parsec Demo Carts used at the 2017 PRGE. (You can guess who has the others of these.) I do have a CIB Hover Boover 1/2 CUT, again not ONE of a kind. Last but not least I have a BIG BOX Copter Command.

Really I don't think Piggy or Parsec should count for me because I released these. They would be better suited in someone else's hands. LOL But they are rare!

I have never heard of the $1,000,000 Dollar Poker / BlackJack.

I do have a working TRON LIGHT CYCLE (SNAFU with Cycle) on my LTO cart. :-)

Jumping back in. Brochure # Int 028027. If anybody wants it scanned let me know. It's too long to do on a regular scanner so I'd have to take it somewhere. Helloooo guitar lessons & speed reading.

That is awesome! I *swear* I had that one as a kid, but pretty sure it went out in the trash sometime in the college years.

• Like 1

The brochure i had was the one with Super Football; I always remembered the diamond pattern in the end-zone. I would have thrown it out when I got the updated blue brochure. [At the time I couldn't care less about the keyboard component.]

This one has the old Sea Battle graphic and Skiing has two skiers on the screen. I guess they had to change it once they knew they weren't going to make tax season. I haven't seen an image of this one before. Please scan it; a regular scanner in sections is fine.

Related: when I got the brochure I went hunting for references to those games, and found an old magazine that mentioned them in passing.

The "Changing Times" Oct 1980 article couldn't have been written long after the Intellivision was released in 1980. Initially, I think Mattel expected the Keyboard Component to be out by Christmas 1980. At $800, Mattel's computer would have been cheaper than an Atari 800, and it included a tape drive.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

I had the Int 028027B brochure obtained in the UK in late 1980 showing the keyboard component on the cover.

Seems wood panelling was a thing , on the Inty but also in the house judging by the pictures. Maybe gave a move posh , upper middle class impression of the unit ?

Lost my brochure in a move: ;(

if anyone ever considers selling one I would pay a good lot of dosh to get my paws on one

Decle's 1983 UK catalog looks like it was given away at retail stores. Was Express games a retail store or distributor?

The Italian catalog looks like a straight translation of Mattel's 1981 catalog that came inside game boxes. When exactly was Intellivision first available in Italy? I've read it was about the same time as the '82 world cup in June. Was this catalog in game boxes, given away at stores?