IGNORED

What one-of-a-kind Intellivision items do you have?

Rev

Cool.

This makes me remember there's one-of-a-kind Intellivision item that doesn't exist yet: The Dreadnaught Factor working on PAL consoles and TVs

(Rev, hint hint)

There's also a Dreadnaught Factor clone with My Little Pony-themed spaceships on a pink cartridge that doesn't exist yet. Collect that! :lol:

I can think of many other one-of-a-kind Intellivision items that do not exist. :P

These are great, thanks for sharing them with us. More stuff Cmart needs to chase.

Would it be possible to get high res scans of all the newsletters you posted? They look like a great read to see how the other side of the pond was back in the day.

Thanks,

HJ

Those old newsletters are good reads. There are some odd game playing suggestions in some of these ones. You can find scans here. http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/Menu_Catalogos.htm

These are great, thanks for sharing them with us. More stuff Cmart needs to chase.

Would it be possible to get high res scans of all the newsletters you posted? They look like a great read to see how the other side of the pond was back in the day.

Thanks,

HJ

Sure, here you go:

ukClubNewsletter82-1.pdf

ukClubNewsletter82-2.pdf

ukClubNewsletter83-2.pdf

I had to crank down the quality a bit on p1 of 82 Spring and 82 Autumn p3 and p6 to get under the 50MB file size limit. Hopefully it is not too bad. The 83 Autumn issue is a 6 page fanfold rather than the 8 page book of the other two. I've ordered the pages what I think is the natural reading sequence, although when you open the first page you are looking at p2 and p5.

Cheers

decle

• Like 2

Sure, here you go:

attachicon.gifukClubNewsletter82-1.pdf

attachicon.gifukClubNewsletter82-2.pdf

attachicon.gifukClubNewsletter83-2.pdf

I had to crank down the quality a bit on p1 of 82 Spring and 82 Autumn p3 and p6 to get under the 50MB file size limit. Hopefully it is not too bad. The 83 Autumn issue is a 6 page fanfold rather than the 8 page book of the other two. I've ordered the pages what I think is the natural reading sequence, although when you open the first page you are looking at p2 and p5.

Cheers

decle

Many, Many thanks for the scans. I really enjoyed reading them. When I read the term "Ask your local Stockist for them now!" I knew it was worth the read. What a great addition to the Intellivision community. Thanks again,

HJ

Sure, here you go:

attachicon.gifukClubNewsletter82-1.pdf

attachicon.gifukClubNewsletter82-2.pdf

attachicon.gifukClubNewsletter83-2.pdf

Cheers

decle

I know what I want for Christmas this year. It is an Intellivision like the one these two are "kind of playing" in the pic on page 6 of the 82-2 newletter. I know you guys in the UK drive on the other side of the road from us (the USA) but to make an Intellivision that plays on the wrong side is extraordinary (check out the on/off button and the cartridge slot). The guys are play a red label Soccer (Football) game with a two word title but I can't read it. Will you please see if you can read it from the original? Again, what a great find.

HJ

post-36757-0-48086200-1511624809_thumb.png

• Like 3

There's also a Dreadnaught Factor clone with My Little Pony-themed spaceships on a pink cartridge that doesn't exist yet. Collect that! :lol:

you know I'm a collector, but in this case it's purely matter of playing. I've never had the chance to play The Dreadnaught Factor with a real console. With the emulator (and using the keyboard...) it's not the same, at least for me.
  • Like 1

you know I'm a collector, but in this case it's purely matter of playing. I've never had the chance to play The Dreadnaught Factor with a real console. With the emulator (and using the keyboard...) and it's not the same, at least to me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I just thought it was funny the way you said "one-of-a-kind Intellivision item that doesn't exist yet." I immediately thought, "hmm... only one, uh?" :)

you know I'm a collector, but in this case it's purely matter of playing. I've never had the chance to play The Dreadnaught Factor with a real console. With the emulator (and using the keyboard...) it's not the same, at least for me.

Now that you've got LTO Flash! you will be able to play on PAL! There's a .cfg file patch that gets it running. Next time you have the chance, give it a try. If you need any help, drop a PM! :D

• Like 1

Is that the patch posted here. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/intvprog/conversations/messages/5169

--------------------

Those old newsletters are good reads. There are some odd game playing suggestions in some of these ones. You can find scans here. http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/Menu_Catalogos.htm

Posted the wrong link. Here's the correct one. http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/Menu_Informativos.htm Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I just thought it was funny the way you said "one-of-a-kind Intellivision item that doesn't exist yet." I immediately thought, "hmm... only one, uh?" :)

you don't offend me when you joke with my collecting approach to the Intellivision (even though it's not my only approach: when I have time I play the Inty games I collect). It's surely something to joke with, except for my wife :lol:

Now that you've got LTO Flash! you will be able to play on PAL! There's a .cfg file patch that gets it running. Next time you have the chance, give it a try. If you need any help, drop a PM! :D

Is that the patch posted here. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/intvprog/conversations/messages/5169

--------------------

Posted the wrong link. Here's the correct one. http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/Menu_Informativos.htm

you people are great!

Thanks, mr_me, that does appear to be the patch!

Just make a copy of your rom, e.g. dreadnaught_patched.bin and a file named deradnaught_patched.cfg with that patched .cfg content in the same folder as the .bin file. Add to your ROM list, put in the menu, and update your cart!

Happy days!

i will be home in a week and will certainly try it out as I have also wondered about this game.

What other games are there that don't work on PAL and there are patches for?

Happy days!

i will be home in a week and will certainly try it out as I have also wondered about this game.

What other games are there that don't work on PAL and there are patches for?

AFAIK, apart from TDF, only the Mattel version of Motocross doesn't work on PAL consoles. The problem had been fixed later back in the day and the Intellivision Inc. version (white label) works perfectly. I can confirm this having played numerous copies of both editions.

Then, there's some problem with Game Factory, at least with the version in cart format. I think the ROM works with PAL consoles but I've never played (played?!?) Game Factory with emulator so I can't confirm it

EDIT: what happens with Game Factory is shown by Intymike here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236915-game-factory/?p=3214686

Edited by intellivotion

AFAIK, apart from TDF, only the Mattel version of Motocross doesn't work on PAL consoles. The problem had been fixed later back in the day and the Intellivision Inc. version (white label) works perfectly. I can confirm this having played numerous copies of both editions.

Then, there's some problem with Game Factory, at least with the version in cart format. I think the ROM works with PAL consoles but I've never played (played?!?) Game Factory with emulator so I can't confirm it

EDIT: what happens with Game Factory is shown by Intymike here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236915-game-factory/?p=3214686

Interesting....

I will check my copy of Motocross as I am sure it works but will need to check if it is the white label box, probably is as I recall the box being shorter and made of thinner card than the original boxes. Also not a gatefold which most of mine are. (they were all gatefold in Australia as I remember)

And yes, Game Factory was eventually fixed after many decades.

I modified my model 3668 PAL Intellivision for PAL60 and Dreadnaught Factor runs on it just fine. Runs other games at proper NTSC speeds too, about 12% faster.

Details: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/257939-intellivision-model-3668-pal60-mod/

I modified my model 3668 PAL Intellivision for PAL60 and Dreadnaught Factor runs on it just fine. Runs other games at proper NTSC speeds too, about 12% faster.

Details: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/257939-intellivision-model-3668-pal60-mod/

Great job!

Given my absolute incompetence with soldering and circuits and boards, I won't dare try to emulate you, though

Interesting....

I will check my copy of Motocross as I am sure it works but will need to check if it is the white label box, probably is as I recall the box being shorter and made of thinner card than the original boxes. Also not a gatefold which most of mine are. (they were all gatefold in Australia as I remember)

And yes, Game Factory was eventually fixed after many decades.

I think the issue w/ Game Factory was on the cartridge board. It worked on Intellivision II but not on 2609/3504 and their cousins.

Great job!

Given my absolute incompetence with soldering and circuits and boards, I won't dare try to emulate you, though

LOL! Wouldn't want the murder of an innocent Intellivision on my hands :) But the mod is one of the easier ones, surprisingly - getting the logic board RF cage off is the hardest part. The mod is replacing an IC and reworking 2 solder joints to swap a crystal.