IGNORED

Round 7 of the 2013 Harmony Games: Ultra SSCide

Dan Iacovelli

The Seventh round of the 2013 Harmony Games as suggested by toymailman is Ultra SSCide

SCSIcide is an original, fast-paced homebrew game released back in 2001 by Joe Grand of Pixels Past. In SCSIcide you play the role of a hard drive read head. As the different colored bits scroll by on the hard drive platter, you need to quickly read them in the correct order before you suffer a buffer underflow. As you complete each level, the data scrolls by more and more quickly! How far can you go? If you're a fan of Activision's Kaboom!, then you'll love SCSIcide.

Joe Grand has spent some time recently updating SCSIcide and has released a new version of the game titled Ultra SCSIcide. This latest version of the game contains many improvements over the original:

• Added support for joystick controllers. Controller type is automatically detected when you press the paddle or joystick fire button to start the game.
  • Fixed the flicker that used to occur at the beginning of each level.
  • Changed background and data bit color palette to make bits easier to distinguish.
  • Reduced track size from 10 to 8 bits, for a more appropriate one byte per level.
  • Changed speed increase per level - only two random data bits increase in speed each level.
  • Modified the sound and scoring routines to account for longer gameplay and higher levels.
  • Changed title screen text and added GIS and Pixels Past logos.
  • Added a PAL version of the game.

(since this game has been used on Zero's High Score contest

http://atariage.com/...de/#entry985874

we will use the same rules:

• Left Difficulty: B / Novice - Smaller Drive Head

• Right Difficulty: Your Choice

• Game Mode: Not Applicable)

(scoring in this game is done Hexadecimal)

little bonus for those who played this in Zero's 2600 HSC:

if you beat the score you did in zeros I will give you 5 bonus points

(this game is available to D/l http://atariage.com/...areLabelID=2704

or you can purchase it at the atari age store(if you don't have it already)

this round ends August 31st Good luck

(at the end of the round points will be awarded(10 (for first) to 2(for tenth) 1 for everybody after 10

(any scores submitted after this round ends will be given 1 point)

as always scores will only be updated on the webpage and AVC Forum(since I have no editing feature here)

(you can also post scores on the AVC Forum as well just follow the instructions posted on the harmony games web page)

little bonus for those who played this in Zero's 2600 HSC:

if you beat the score you did in zeros I will give you 5 bonus points

For those that did not play in Season 3 (it was almost 8 years ago), would you award the 5 bonus points if a player beats the programmers score (2D0745) as it was done in that HSC? If not, then maybe the top score recorded in that HSC (380A33)?

we can do that as well if you beat programmers score but lets make 10 bonus points.

Okay, so it is 10 points if you beat the programmer's score (2D0745)?

Or did you mean 5 points to be the programmer and another 5 if you beat the previous top HSC score (380A33)? Then this would be a total of 10 possible.

will update scores today.

this round ends sat, so get the scores in soon.

and since we're going down to final 5 rounds I would like to have the top 5 leaders pick the game,since toymailman picked the game for this round

round 8's pick will go to roadrunner (round 9 will go to gorfy,round 10 to CrimeFighter, since thieres a tie for next one Liduario takes round 11 and Craftsmanmike takes the last round)

in a event that a player doesn't make his pick for the selected round I will do it(this is simlar on how Zero did for his 2600 HSC)

All the Harmonry games have to be hacks or homebrews correct?

I picked a hack Hell-O-Ween

http://atariage.com/hack_page.html?SystemID=2600&SoftwareHackID=132

thats is correct hombrews or hacks.

I'll check your pick and then check if Ihave it on my harmony cart.

still time to post scores for this round.