IGNORED

Life of Atari

sheriff51

Well is it a Jr.? I assume it isn't a Sears since you said 2600 and most people refer to the Sears unit differently. Does it work at all?

If there's no power at all I would first assume the brick is dead. The Atari DC bricks are prone to failure. The AC brick on the Sears unit is not and should never fail.

Hey, spell it right, that's a fighten' word for a Leaf fan :D

Whoops, sorry! Canadian. Oh and thanks for not pointing out the misuse of the contracted word. :lol:

Okay - back on topic... original poster, sheriff51.. you sure the power brick is okay? Outputting 9vdc or thereaboots? There goes that crazy Canadian accent...

If your power brick is good and you have a cartridge plugged in, you *should* see something on channel 3 or 4 on your tele. If not, report back with what model 2600 you have, TV, cable used, etc.

2-3, 3-4 - whatever! :lol:

Channel 2 was CBS back home in Chicagoland and you'd get wavy lines no matter what. Even watching channel 2! lol

3 was non-existent as was channel 4. Channel 5 was NBC and that always came in great. Must be other consoles I'm thinking of that are switchable between 3 and 4. :)

2-3, 3-4 - whatever! :lol:

Agreed, I only mentioned it because some Atari's are labeled a-b rather than channel numbers. I can imagine someone thinking theirs was defective because the channel was wrong. Everything except Atari used 3-4 as far as I've seen. Why Atari used a-b is a mystery also. I assume it was to make it easier to use the same shell for PAL units.