IGNORED

Thrift store games for sale - console and computer games

FujiSkunk

Bump! Several new goodies have been added, and in some cases they are really good goodies. The evening got a little long in the tooth before I could take all the usual pictures, but you can get a general idea here (note that not everything in that pic is for sale, though most them are), and you can browse everything now up for grabs in the first post. I'll get better pictures up as soon as I can, assuming everything doesn't get snatched first. :)

• 1 month later...

Bump for the new year! New games to browse both here and in the portables list. And in other, bigger news, the January sale is on! From now until the end of the month, you can get up to half your total in free shipping! Spend five bucks, get $2.50 off your shipping. Get that $20 game you've been watching, shipping just might be completely free! The sale is good for all games, systems and other accessories in all my lists, including my personal for-sale list. Happy browsing!

• 2 weeks later...

Small bump for just a couple of added Wii titles, but also to let everyone know there are still a few days left in the January sale. Get up to half your game total in free shipping when you buy from any of my for-sale lists, now through the end of the month!

Edited bump.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3! This is the Greatest Hits edition, new and still factory-sealed. Asking $10.  Sold!

Another chance for a complete Wii Mario Kart! The disc has some visible scratches, but nothing major and nothing that interferes with game play. All original paperwork is here. Asking $15. Sold!

• 3 weeks later...

Edited bump.

The Sims Complete Collection, with the original Sims game plus all seven expansion packs, in a single bundle of four CD's. Complete with manual and CD key. Asking $5.  Sold!

Star Trek: The Complete Comic Book Collection. Every Star Trek comic book and annual between July 1967 and October 2002. Four series are represented: The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager. The outer box has some noticeable shelf wear and sticker residue, but otherwise this is unused and unopened. Asking $10. Sold!

post-6115-0-22425000-1519591777_thumb.jpg

PC games!  The Sims 2 and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone are still available.  All others have sold.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say I hope all is well with Fujiskunk and that he is in good health. Hopefully nothing catastrophic has happened! It's been almost a full month since he has logged on which is quite unlike him!

Our relationship is merely buyer/seller on here, but he's been a super great guy, always very accommodating and polite. Sometimes people leave an imprint on me with their mannerisms.

Fingers crossed!

Your impression of him is correct. I've met with him in person for a few transactions as well as seen him at a few of the Houston Arcade Expos where he does a great job of promoting both vintage consoles and computers by bringing much of his own gear to be enjoyed by Expo partrons. I've never seen him be anything but personable and friendly. I hope he is indeed just busy and that everything is ok. I'll keep and eye out and maybe try to reach out to him if he's MIA here for too long.

• Like 1

Your impression of him is correct. I've met with him in person for a few transactions as well as seen him at a few of the Houston Arcade Expos where he does a great job of promoting both vintage consoles and computers by bringing much of his own gear to be enjoyed by Expo partrons. I've never seen him be anything but personable and friendly. I hope he is indeed just busy and that everything is ok. I'll keep and eye out and maybe try to reach out to him if he's MIA here for too long.

Awesome, thank you. I was just thinking the other day that it'd been a while since I had heard from him- i have had nothing but good experiences with him as a seller.

Well, we all get busy in our own personal lives and hopefully that is all. I thought I'd inquire as I've encountered many great people here that share the same interests, help each other and the majority of us here at Atariage are kind of like one big nutty family. Some you like more then others and some of the relatives could drive you to drink :P

Gosh. Sorry if I worried anyone. Thanks for the kind words!

A combination of things was keeping me away, but part of it was there just really hadn't been anything coming into the thrift store to offer or brag about. However, that changed with last weekend and this. I'm still sorting and testing it all, and I'll have a decent sized update in the near future. In the meantime, I'm fine and I again appreciate the thoughts and well wishes!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Edited bump.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the seldom-seen PS2 version that was actually a prequel to the sequel, coming out after the PS2 release of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The case is a little scuffed, but the paperwork and the disc are in great shape. Asking $15.  Sold!

The Hitman HD Trilogy disc and artbook for the PS3. This disc includes HD remasters of the three Hitman games originally for the PS2 and Xbox: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money. The disc is immaculate and plays without issue. The book is in good shape, with no torn, missing or marked pages. Asking $10.  Sold!

Beyond Two Souls, collectible steelbook edition for the PS3, still factory sealed. Asking $10.  Now pending!

Edited bump.

The U.A.E./Saudi Arabia/Malaysia/Singapore edition of Xenoblade Chronicles, complete for the Nintendo Wii! This is the official release for the four listed countries, but the disc also works just fine in North American Wii consoles. The disc is in excellent condition and plays without issue. Asking $30. Sold!

Here's a sports game so rare it actually managed to keep (some of) its retail value! And this particular specimen is still factory sealed! 2K Sports' NBA 2K13, unplayed and still sealed for the Nintendo Wii. Asking $25.  Sold!

1-2-Switch for the Nintendo Switch! The game isn't even old enough for any copies to be used and abused, and so this one is in fine shape and plays flawlessly. Asking $25. Sold!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Regretfully I have decided that I must close all game sales on AtariAge, including those from the thrift store...

...but only temporarily!

For the past couple of months, every time I thought I had a bead on the store's donations, another big helping of games and/or hardware came in! And then this weekend (October 19th and 20th) was the Houston Arcade Expo, where I took a huge mountain of games for sale at the swap meet... and then brought most of them back home when rain ended the meet prematurely. So now I have games I've tested and priced which aren't listed here, games I've priced and listed here but haven't tested, no clear way of remembering which is which, and on top of all that a pile of hardware I still need to test and bundle for sale in-store. At the same time, I want to come up with some new ways of testing games, where instead of loading them and making sure they at least start play, I can read the discs wholly and then say with confidence they work completely. For some systems I've already figured out how to do that. For other discs, a little more trickery is needed.

All of this to say, I need to suspend sales here for a while so I have time to devote to other tasks. I don't know how long it will be, but I'm shooting for less than a month. When the time is right, I'll announce my grand re-opening with plenty of new games for sale. Until then, stay tuned!

To those of you who have had pending sales waiting on me to get back to you, I am sincerely sorry for taking so long, and I promise I will touch base with you this week to get those deals wrapped up. Thank you for understanding!

• Like 1

I was sad there for a moment when I saw the thread title, but had a sigh of relief when I read the post. You provide a great service to the community and I'd hate to see that go away.

Personally, and this is just my point of view, but I honestly wouldn't worry about testing games fully. You making sure they start up is more than most would do (particularly when a disc already looks clean), and I think you shouldn't feel the obligation to do more than that, particularly for all the time and effort you already put into this.

Edited by Austin