IGNORED

The Pro Controller

DocEss

I don't believe any games actually NEED it, but I know it's useful for some games. However, are the prices people sell them for on eBay REALLY what they're going for? Is it really so rare as to be a $70+ controller? I just feel like eBay might be overinflating it this time, but I dunno. Never much looked into the Pro Controller until recently.

Not sure I can justify it to the wife or myself, haha. Barely got away with spending that much on the player 1 and 2 Justifier pistols for Genesis.

If you're an avid Jaguar gamer, they're nice to have for the mushy pad, or the other extra buttons for fighting games, etc. Primal Rage was designed with the Pro Controller in mind.

Are they worth $70 though? Is much in the way of the Jag worth as much as it can fetch? That's for the buyer to decide. :)

• Like 1

Well, I play my Jag fairly frequently - and I've been told that thing comes in handy for games like that, and for Towers II. Primal Rage, I hold no illusions, I doubt I'll have that one. Just too much money for a game that's fairly similar to the SNES version.

I was more asking if $70ish is *actually* the fair and current price. Like, outside of the obnoxious eBay inflation.

Price aside, I find the Pro Controller invaluable as the default Jaguar (and Falcon) controller, simply because I find the original Jag controller incredibly painful. It's amazing the difference in comfort (for me) between the two. As for price, just keep your eyes open on eBay and Game Gavel. I was able to get two for $50 or less (each) by being patient.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was afraid the prices I were seeing were normal. I've been keeping an eye out for a while now, but it's looking pretty rough. We don't really have any local classic game stores, though. We used to, but they were all Play 'n' Trade which is sort of infamous for ripping people off, so they went outta business here pretty quick. (That'll happen when you try to sell bare 7800's for 100 bucks, and loose Super Mario Bros 3 carts for 34.99, though.)

Jaguar stuff in a thrift store? Well, I guess anything's possible. I did once see some Jag stuff at a flea market. Man, can the cartridges in all their embossed glory really store the dirt! Labels look EXACTLY like you'd imagine too: baked in the sun. Dried out, faded, dirty, dusty and wrinkled. :(

If I ever saw any Jag stuff at a GoodWill, Salvation Army, St. Vinnie's or any other like-minded place, I'll be sure to snap a pic and upload to AA. :lol:

• Like 1

Given how bad the original controller is, the Pro controller is a must-have thanks to additional buttons making the gameplay of a few games smoother, the should buttons useful for NBA Jam...prices are high to a ridiculous extend and I bought mine for around 100$ (used one, shipped from the US to Europe). Although the Atari Jaguar CD is also expensive, it is mostly due to its collector spirit since the games are very average at best whereas the Pro controller is relativly expensive but it is worth it. Even if one has no games using the extra buttons, the way it feels and plays is better.

I have a pro controller and I rarely use it much. Primal Rage etc. However its much difference in price new for a 360 controller. Its on of those things you just buy and get it over with at some point I guess. Its a good controller but the original controller isn't all that bad.

• Like 1

The Pro Controller is better, but I don't really think that the base ones included with the system are bad at all. It probably is THAT rare though, unfortunately. I have never seen one anywhere but eBay. I actually feel kind of lucky to have bought one for $50.00 a couple of years ago.

• Like 1