IGNORED

Some WiiU Questions

Metal Ghost

Has there been any news on what else will be part of Pac-Man Museum? Battle Royale, the original Pac-Man, and Pac-Man Championship Edition were the first three that were unveiled but my impression at the time which is backed up by that preview indicates that more content than just those three were set to be included.

Been hoping that Jr. Pac-Man would see the light of day.

The final game list for this was unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show earlier this month.

Pac-Man

Super Pac-Man

Pac & Pal

Pac-Land

Pac-Mania

Pac-Attack

Pac-Man Arrangement (As seen on Namco Museum Battle Collection for the PSP)

Pac-Man Championship Edition (Excluded on the 360 & PS3)

Pac-Man Battle Royale

Was hoping for something new but it looks like Battle Royale is it. Not even Pac-Man Plus which remains limited to their plug & play lineup for official releases. So games like Jr. Pac-Man or a virtual recreation of Baby Pac-Man are still absent.

It seems awfully strange that Ms. Pac-Man is absent unless they're planning on a follow up compilation next year.

Edited by Atariboy

That's where you can set something on the screen, right? They showed off something in the new Rayman game months ago but I don't know if it's in the final game. I imagine those kids games with the toys also utilize it (The Spyro game and the Disney version of it)

Yea, there's a little section just off of the bottom-left of the gamepad screen where the NFC ship is.

I'm a bit confused when it comes to Disney Infinity and Skylanders ports on the Wii U: to my knowledge, both games still come with their respective 'portals' in order to bring the toys into the video game. Seems like a missed opportunity to take advantage of the native Wii U hardware. If absolutely no other reason, would save the game publishers some costs.

This is the first I've heard of there possibly being NFC integration with Rayman Legends. Anyone know anything about that?

• 2 months later...

Was hoping for something new but it looks like Battle Royale is it. Not even Pac-Man Plus which remains limited to their plug & play lineup for official releases. So games like Jr. Pac-Man or a virtual recreation of Baby Pac-Man are still absent.

It seems awfully strange that Ms. Pac-Man is absent unless they're planning on a follow up compilation next year.

I've been waiting for a console release of Jr. and Plus forever.........

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever hit the power button on their gamepad and have it not recognized by the console? Got an error message yesterday on the gamepad screen.

System booted up fine when I hit the button on my Wiimote. Then I switched it off and tried it again from the gamepad and it worked just fine from then on. Just the pitfalls of wireless communication that sometimes momentarily screw up, I hope.

I like this gamepad but if there's one unarguable negative with this controller, it's the cost of replacing it. We essentially have two expensive pieces of hardware to worry about instead of just the console itself like traditionally.

Edited by Atariboy

• 1 month later...

Since there has been a bit of Pac-Man Museum discussion in here, I thought I'd bump it since I see it has been delayed until early next year.

It was supposed to be released right around now.

I'm pretty sure that everyone around here has already heard about this (I think news came out about a month ago?) but the Wii U version of Pac Man Museum was cancelled. Not sure if anyone has played on any of the other platforms though. If so, any thoughts?

Yeah, it sadly was cancelled. Wasn't going to get it here because of their DRM, but it stinks for Wii U fans just the same.

One thing that I think they ended up backtracking on was including Pac-Man Championship Edition on the 360/PS3 versions. Wasn't originally going to be included on those two versions but apparently was in the end. Definitely plan to acquire it but haven't yet.

Curious what people think of Battle Royale if anyone here has it. Appears to be the primary reason to acquire it.

Edited by Atariboy

I'm pretty sure that everyone around here has already heard about this (I think news came out about a month ago?) but the Wii U version of Pac Man Museum was cancelled. Not sure if anyone has played on any of the other platforms though. If so, any thoughts?

I love how a college sophomore in his dorm room can make a Wii U game from scratch, and Namco can't cobble one together out of already-finished games.

• Like 1

Can you play a Wii game on the Wii-U's tablet screen? I'm trying to google this and getting conflcting info.

Yes you can. Originally you couldn't do it but it was added with a system update.

The Wii U gamepad has it's own built in sensor bar too.

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2013/10/01/wii-u-firmware-update-lets-you-play-original-wii-games-exclusively-on-the-gamepad/

But you can't control it with the Wii U gamepad even if it has Classic Controller functionality. It can only be used as a display, not a display/controller like with a proper Wii U release. So you'll still need a Wii controller.

Edited by Atariboy

But you can't control it with the Wii U gamepad even if it has Classic Controller functionality. It can only be used as a display, not a display/controller like with a proper Wii U release. So you'll still need a Wii controller.

This is correct.. You can't control it at all, So it has to be a Wii U release only.