IGNORED

Lynx 2 lcd screen issues

asmat80

Could you upload a photo? It sounds like it's probably the LCD that's faulty, but typical problems are vertical or horizontal lines (permenant or temporary) - what you are describing is that it seems to be certain parts of certain images? I guess it could be a faulty Suzi or something related, but much more likely the LCD.

I have the same on one of my lynx 2s. Few years back I put up a thread on it and there were a few suggestions like a faulty ribbon connector or something. You could search for that thread. As time has gone on the problem has become less frequent. It certainly happened when I went in to re-solder the power LED. Oddly it mostly happens when I play Toki and Rygar to a lesser extent. Maybe side scrolling affects it.

Candle is working on an LCD replacement and I was thinking of using this but it's been nearly a year since he first started work on it, I'm thinking perhaps I'll just live with it, undecided as yet, although I understand any frustration.