IGNORED

HighScore.com Contest: $50 AtariAge gift certs to winners

Serious

Id be interested in participating if you know you had some other games besides Yars Revenge and Ladybug up for the competition in the 2600 category or am I reading this wrong?

There are other prizes that are not specific to those games.

For example, most user points, most "First" trophies (which are earned by being the first person to post a score for any game, awarded after the score is accepted), etc.

Well does this qualify?

http://www.highscore.com/score/?s=92

Well, it could help you towards one of these goals:

4. Most user points (user points are earned by winning trophies and voting on other user's scores)

5. Most "Worldwide" trophies held at end of contest (uncracked)

6. Most "First" trophies (given to user with the first recognized score for any game)

I think the other Frostbite scores submitted so far were Novice mode, so this may be the first Frostbite score in Expert mode.

• Like 1

There is, I believe, a typo on the "How It Works" page:

"Right now, you need a minimum of 10 votes before your score will be accepted, and you will need at least 7000 percent of those votes to be "Yes""

My guess is it should read that you need at least 70 percent, not 7000. :)

There is, I believe, a typo on the "How It Works" page:

"Right now, you need a minimum of 10 votes before your score will be accepted, and you will need at least 7000 percent of those votes to be "Yes""

My guess is it should read that you need at least 70 percent, not 7000. :)

Yep, that's actually a bug. The percentage pass value was previously set to .70, and I changed it to 70. That page was multiplying the pass percentage value, which is why it ended up with that crazy number.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Hello,

I'm really interested in joining the High Score competition but I need some help ;)

I'm completely new to the Atari scene so I need some help with choosing the correct romset.

Lady Bug

I would for example like to play Lady Bug so I have chance for an Atari store gift certificate :)

Reading post #1 I have to use: Lady Bug (Atari 2600), Game 1 (Standard), Expert mode (A) (no emulation)

When I go to Hiscore.com and search for Lady Bug it's giving me few options:

a. Lady Bug (Atari 2600 Emulated Expert/A Mode)

b. Lady Bug (Atari 2600 Emulated Novice/B Mode)

c. Lady Bug (Atari 2600 Expert/A)

d. Lady Bug (Atari 2600 Novice/B)

Question 1: can I use the LadyBug_SP.zip romset available at the atariage website?

Question 2: do I have to go for option a. or c. ? Ar these some kind of dip switch settings you can choose when running the game trough an emulator like Stella ?

Quetions 3: or does "no emulation" (see blue text) mean you have to play on an original Atari 2600 to have a chance for the Atari certifcate ? Or can you use an emulator ? If so, which romset and settings do you have to use (see Question 1 and 2)

Hope to hear from you :)

GC

Question 1: can I use the LadyBug_SP.zip romset available at the atariage website?

Question 2: do I have to go for option a. or c. ? Ar these some kind of dip switch settings you can choose when running the game trough an emulator like Stella ?

Quetions 3: or does "no emulation" (see blue text) mean you have to play on an original Atari 2600 to have a chance for the Atari certifcate ? Or can you use an emulator ? If so, which romset and settings do you have to use (see Question 1 and 2)

Happy to answer your questions.

Yes, assuming that ROM is the same code that is on the cartridge sold in the AtariAge store, yes you could use it. However, it would need to be loaded (via Harmony cart, or some other method, like a Supercharger) onto a real 2600-compatible console. (Not an emulator). The idea was for this to be played using the Lady Bug cartridge in a real console, but as long as it is the same code running on real hardware, there's no practical difference.

Expert mode is selected using the switches on a 2600-compatible console (via the difficulty switches).

The only qualifying type of game would be what you listed as option c above (played in expert mode on real hardware, not emulation). A game played via an emulator would not qualify for this particular prize.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have other questions.

• Like 1

Happy to answer your questions.

Yes, assuming that ROM is the same code that is on the cartridge sold in the AtariAge store, yes you could use it. However, it would need to be loaded (via Harmony cart, or some other method, like a Supercharger) onto a real 2600-compatible console. (Not an emulator). The idea was for this to be played using the Lady Bug cartridge in a real console, but as long as it is the same code running on real hardware, there's no practical difference.

Expert mode is selected using the switches on a 2600-compatible console (via the difficulty switches).

The only qualifying type of game would be what you listed as option c above (played in expert mode on real hardware, not emulation). A game played via an emulator would not qualify for this particular prize.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have other questions.

@ Serious: thank you for clarifying :)

I will unfortunately not be able to sumit a Lady Bug score since I don't have an original Atari 2600 console ;(

I will however post Mame-scores !

Two more things:

1. I would like to be able to post scores for Commodore Amiga 500 since I do own an original console ;) I hope you will add this console....!

2. It would be nice if you could search by systemname on highscore.com. Would this be possible for you to add ?

Thanks again,

GC

I will unfortunately not be able to sumit a Lady Bug score since I don't have an original Atari 2600 console ;(

1. I would like to be able to post scores for Commodore Amiga 500 since I do own an original console ;) I hope you will add this console....!

2. It would be nice if you could search by systemname on highscore.com. Would this be possible for you to add ?

I am working on implementing an advanced search as we speak, that will allow searching just for specific consoles/systems.

I definitely want to support Amiga. I just haven't added any Amiga games to the database yet. Whatever Amiga games you want to submit scores for, just let me know, and I will add the games to the database.

Note that the site does have categories for emulated consoles, so you can submit scores for emulated Atari games. It is just that for the 3 specific games in this contest, the eligible category is for real hardware. You can still earn prizes in the contest for other things (like total points, number of "worldwide trophies", etc.)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks