IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I'm not much of a preservationist, but the side car devices, excepting speech, are uncommon enough that I don't think I'd be chopping them up for use as project boxes...

Any time I modify original equipment like this, I keep all of the original parts and keep the casing in its original shape. That way, I can later re-assemble the device to its original shape. I did that with my Amiga 1000 which I have heavily modified. I can at a later date restore its original daughter board, RAM expansion, disk drive, and video chip. Should I ever part with it.

Who is this guy, anyway? He is pushing community stuff, now, which is interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321250041423

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321250073574

That's Bill G. He is liquidating part of his vast collection. He is legit and not creating and selling stuff. I'm sure he bought the cart or parts at it's initial run and as far as the book goes.... He wrote it. If your into hard to find stuff then I would watch his items.

That's Bill G. He is liquidating part of his vast collection. He is legit and not creating and selling stuff. I'm sure he bought the cart or parts at it's initial run and as far as the book goes.... He wrote it. If your into hard to find stuff then I would watch his items.

I would highly recommend the cartridge collection guidebook. It should come with either a CD or a set of floppies. Bill sold these a few years back at the Chicago Faire.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had no doubts about the credibility, but I did not realize that was Bill. I have purchased a couple of things from him recently and the name just did not hit me until you said it. On the one hand it is sad when someone liquidates their collection, but on the other hand I bet his is a good collection to get part of!

Dammit, you guys. You all cost me about $110 which I was not going to spend. Yesterday I bid $100 on an MBX system with Baseball. I just knew it would sell for more.

Nope.

So, thanks. Now my kids will have to go hungry. Though they will be quite entertained ;)

• Like 1

Cool that's 241 potential Super Cartridges! Getting the the other 241 E/A GROMS might be more difficult... unless someone out there has a reader and a can burn their own. :)

I bet there's a good chance at least some of those have the ' 838 ' cheat. I have two Invader carts and neither allow it.

There's a disk copy of TI Invaders with cheat mode here, if you're desperate for some cheating. ;-) http://www.avjd51.dsl.pipex.com/ti/disk_images/Invaders.zip

Load using E/A option 3. The program auto-starts on loading. Cheat mode is accessed when on the title screen by pressing <Shift>838. This prompts for a Y/N to play slow speed then two digits for the number of the screen to start on. None of these inputs will be displayed, and it is not necessary to press <ENTER>.

Edited by Stuart

There's a disk copy of TI Invaders with cheat mode here, if you're desperate for some cheating. ;-) http://www.avjd51.dsl.pipex.com/ti/disk_images/Invaders.zip

Load using E/A option 3. The program auto-starts on loading. Cheat mode is accessed when on the title screen by pressing <Shift>838. This prompts for a Y/N to play slow speed then two digits for the number of the screen to start on. None of these inputs will be displayed, and it is not necessary to press <ENTER>.

Thanks Stuart - I almost mentioned that on my post - I recently found that disk version and wound up 'hacking' it to be a bit more generous on points ;).

Yeah, but having the real cartridge would be much cooler :)

Yeah- a cart would be cool - I was disappointed when I tested mine and found that neither of them allowed the cheat - I have a handful of other games that do allow (Alpiner is one).