IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Thanks for looking schmitzi! Yes, Volume 1, Issues 1 through 6 of 99er Magazine are the ones I'm interested in and I already have the real paper versions of all the 99er and Home Computer Magazines except those few from the first year of publication. I actually have Issues 3, 4, and 6 from Volume 1, but would purchase all six so someone doesn't have to sell them individually. I haven't yet been successful in convincing Barry to sell me his copies, and I wrote to Gary Kaplan (99er Magazine editor/publisher) to see if he had any hidden away in an attic somewhere, but he never responded... :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two 10-foot (Sega branded) and one 12 (or 15) foot (Wico) I use with my Atari, Sega Genesis, Amiga, CD32, and TI. Work very well.

The price is not terrible, IMHO, but you can get two for a little more:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1708803478821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170880347882&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1209435454821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120943545482&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Whats the story with the Joysticks like those (with the orange box around the fire button and the orange directional arrows) as opposed to both of my sets that are all black except for the fire button? I've seen that before and keep meaning to look into the difference.

This thread is a bad influence btw. If I were a fish then shiny TI hardware would make a perfect lure!

Note that there doesn't seem to be a Flex Cable card in that auction--so the PEB is pretty much a doorstop unless you plan to use it with a Geneve. . .

GOOD POINT! Yes, it's just an empty box. It might make a good replacement/backup box too.

This thread is a bad influence btw. If I were a fish then shiny TI hardware would make a perfect lure!

OH YEAH! This thread IS, without a a shadow of a doubt a truly bad influence! |:)

To a TI'er it's like crack must be to a druggie as it has the most views and replies of any other topic in this section.

On the Joystick question, TI produced four variants of their regular Joysticks. The original style from 1979-1982, with the button on the side of the joystick body and a truly painful ball at the top of the stick (it dug into your hand pretty quickly--and these are getting somewhat rare now), and the new style (in three variants from mid-1982 until 1984): Black with orange piping (as seen in the auction we've been discussing, they came first and are relatively uncommon--but not at all rare), Black with no piping (very common), and Beige (these come up once in a great while and are relatively rare, as they were apparently only made as part of a test run with no manufacturing date/location on them, based on the six sets I have).

• Like 1