IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

• 4 weeks later...

I never understood the purpose of the Mini Memory cart. What purpose does it serve? It always seemed such a waste to me, why not just get an EA cart?

Gazoo

Built in storage capacity, plus doesn't MM predate the EA package?

You also get access to assembly without the PEB.

...back to this auctions. For me, it is very strange and suspicious that the PEB is " AS IS ".

"We have an astonishing full TI-equipment here overall, but we don´t know anything about this machine,

so that we only could switch it ON to see the LEDs shining, or what ??"

If I ever had learned anything on eBay now, it is NOT to bid on things described with passi like "AS IS" or "UNTESTED".

Every auction like this only brought crap to me.

In the third, the C64-auction, in one pic, you can also see the ExtendedBasic-Module in the upper right corner.....

(maybe hiding the TI-Floppydisks which are not existent to test the PEB-unit) :mad:

I bet, something is going wrong here.

Ralf

• Like 3

Now here's an auction with something I hadn't seen before: a Mitsumi keyboard with BLACK keytops! The other two are good types for those who need to refurbish/replace a keyboard, but the black Mitsumi is a definite surprise, considering how late those moved into the parts mix.

I actually had a couple of those. I am shocked that I had something in my possession you have not seen before. I am pretty certain I have given them away, already.

When I revisit my "good beige keyboard" post, I will show how I ran into a problem with the positioning of the right shift key.

If anyone is feeling a bit down and needs a good old TI related laugh, may I suggest this auction http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TI-99-4A-Demonstration-Cartridge-PHM-3001-Texas-Instruments-Extremely-Rare-/221823343332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a5b39ae4

When I saw the price my anus nearly prolapsed through laughing so much at the utter incredulity of some folk.

• Like 2

It needs one of the Syquest power supplies--and that isn't included in the auction. . .unfortunately.

Yeah, I'm running a power supply with mine, BUT a person could attach an easily obtainable Y-adapter to the power lead in the P-Box and then route a power lead out of the box to the EZ-135 case. I plan to do that myself (eventually) as I really do not like the multitude of power cables I've got running around everywhere.

Adding to the last message.... just get one of these at << THIS AUCTION >> for $3.79 (shipping included!)...

and even possibly << THIS ONE TOO >> if needed. (depending on your configuration)

YJ06-SY1000449_1.jpg

and / or

$_12.JPG

... cut the small connector off at the half-length point, solder it on, and possibly a connector of your choice to the other end and you're good to go. If I remember correctly, I think Gazoo has his powered from the P-Box, which is cool because it does not require yet another huge wall-wart or messing with switches. All this should be cheaper than purchasing a separate Syquest power supply.

• 2 weeks later...