IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

• 2 weeks later...

Very seldom HP-99/4A on ebay: :)

>> Yes, it could be true, as ALL initial founders of Compaq (pls correct me if it was HP) came from Texas Instruments (!)

>> (so in the heart of any Proliant-Server today "beats an TI" ?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI99-4A-Computer-w-Power-Supply-Box-game-/391211906232?hash=item5b160bf4b8

post-41141-0-64402100-1439539555_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

There is a Myarc Personality card (extremely rare) on ebay

HERE

I had one of these back in the 80's that I picked up some how. But if I remember right mine was only a 5 or 10mb model. If I recall the WDSXX signified the size of disk to be used (5 or 10mb). Been so long I'm not 100% positive on that. If that is true this one says WDS100 so does that mean a 100mb MFM ?

There is a Myarc Personality card (extremely rare) on ebay

HERE

I had one of these back in the 80's that I picked up some how. But if I remember right mine was only a 5 or 10mb model. If I recall the WDSXX signified the size of disk to be used (5 or 10mb). Been so long I'm not 100% positive on that. If that is true this one says WDS100 so does that mean a 100mb MFM ?

The maximum size that the controller card can access is 15mb. You can connect a larger drive, but it will only format to 15mb maximum.

I had one of these for a while, and I updated the disk manager for it. It is not a standard hard drive device for the TI, and is problematic.

I don't recommend bidding on it unless you are interested in it purely for historical sake. I noticed the WDS100 board is bare, the original

had a unique case that held the board, drive, and power supply.

I believe Arcadeshopper may be the last individual using one of these beasts.

Gazoo

• Like 2

just a guess, I thought this bare WD1001-Adapter comes between the WDS/100 in the PEB (via the free Connector J5)

and a (here not given) Winchster-MFM-harddisk (with 2 of the 3 the shown cables, 1 small seems to be too much here in the pic) ?

post-41141-0-94351400-1439942914_thumb.jpgpost-41141-0-73609000-1439943038_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Is somebody from here bidding on this? I would be interesting in preserving the document:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-P-System-Version-IV-14-For-The-TI99-8-Original-Specification-TI99-8-TI-99-4A-/131578028218?hash=item1ea2a960ba

"The P-System Version IV.14 For The TI99/8 Original Specification"

According to my list of documents, this Specification is not on whtech, nor in the Cyc DVD, nor online elsewhere.

• Like 1

just a guess, I thought this bare WD1001-Adapter comes between the WDS/100 in the PEB (via the free Connector J5)

and a (here not given) Winchster-MFM-harddisk (with 2 of the 3 the shown cables, 1 small seems to be too much here in the pic) ?

attachicon.gifWDS100.JPGattachicon.gifWD1001.JPG

Yes, the cable connects to the 2 connectors indicated.

To the potential buyer: WARNING! Make sure you observe correct polarity when connecting the cable from the Personality card to the WDS100 card! Connecting the cable improperly will cause damage to one or both of the cards. I remember seeing several repaired cards that this happened to.

Gazoo

• Like 3

Now here's an auction with something I hadn't seen before: a Mitsumi keyboard with BLACK keytops! The other two are good types for those who need to refurbish/replace a keyboard, but the black Mitsumi is a definite surprise, considering how late those moved into the parts mix.

Hi Ksarul,

I also have these keyboards in my TI - (Black with the brown board "Misumi") and (Black with the green board - "HiTEK")

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAM-Lot-of-3-TI-99-4A-Replacement-Keyboard-NICE-/161761924021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a9c313b5&nma=true&si=Q48LZrJM7dnkwJP%252Fa6V7RvqzRe8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Question:

it the green Hi-TEK card also "mylar" or is it considered switched keyboard? (it looks switched to me, but I am double-checking)

Reason:

* I am fixing my original TI, temporary I put a beige-mitsumi-mylar keyboard in it, everything works (but I am aware of the issues)

* however my black-Hi-Tek keyboard only a few keys work. Can these keyboards be fixed? (or e.g. spray contacts or something like that)

or is there a difference in contact points / interface?

(I find it a bit strange, because the switched keyboard supposed to be better).

I'll scan the p-system document once I get it. It was one of a very small number of 99/8 documents that I don't already have as originals.

Damn Jim, why you not posted here you were interested in ? so you are this m***ks.gif( 3330iconRedStar_25x25.gif) ?

we fight for this item and if i know you were interesed I would have avoided to bid on it...

instead i won this other document that i missing too... http://www.ebay.it/itm/221852165779?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi Ksarul,

I also have these keyboards in my TI - (Black with the brown board "Misumi") and (Black with the green board - "HiTEK")

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAM-Lot-of-3-TI-99-4A-Replacement-Keyboard-NICE-/161761924021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a9c313b5&nma=true&si=Q48LZrJM7dnkwJP%252Fa6V7RvqzRe8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Question:

it the green Hi-TEK card also "mylar" or is it considered switched keyboard? (it looks switched to me, but I am double-checking)

Reason:

* I am fixing my original TI, temporary I put a beige-mitsumi-mylar keyboard in it, everything works (but I am aware of the issues)

* however my black-Hi-Tek keyboard only a few keys work. Can these keyboards be fixed? (or e.g. spray contacts or something like that)

or is there a difference in contact points / interface?

(I find it a bit strange, because the switched keyboard supposed to be better).

Ignore my posting above - I think I can fix the switched keyboard...I was looking into it again just now and suddenly

had the connector cable in my hand (all connectors broke, probably because of the heat and sitting in storage too long).

post-39490-0-07339800-1440339465_thumb.jpg

That connector is a definite pain! I have quite a few keyboards where it has disintegrated. Double-check the wires too--they tend to corrode inside their sheath, as they are apparently a mix of two metals that do not get along well together when left in long-term proximity. . .