IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

yes, but that not seems the TI-99/4A version :P

indeed if you look with attention the pictures you can see on the back of the box this detail:

post-24673-0-64307100-1510441399.jpg

that TI994A version should appear like this instead:

post-24673-0-08785900-1510441199.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 3

They are Qualification Run cartridges. Generally TI made 100-150 of a cartridge as part of a test run before letting the line go into full production mode. They ran the assembled cartridges through QC to verify that everything worked right on the line and that the cartridges themselves worked afterwards. If the test run passed the QC check, they initiated full production. All Qualification cartridges are identical to production cartridges with the exception of the label (sometimes typed, sometimes hand-written, and sometimes a production label on a two-tone case). Some cases have dates (leftovers from prior production runs) and some don't. Some are two-tone cases or cases in one color that are different from the color of later production copies. The only ones that can really be classified as true prototypes are the ones on EGROM boards (rarely seen in the wild). Note that some cartridges that made it through the qualification process still didn't go into production (I have a qualification copy of Crossfire that fits that description, along with a whole series of the Milliken cartridges as double cartridges that actually need the teacher/class disk to work--a disk I don't have yet).

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 3

They are Qualification Run cartridges. Generally TI made 100-150 of a cartridge as part of a rest run before letting the line go into full production mode. They ran the assembled cartridges through QC to verify that everything worked right on the line and that the cartridges themselves worked afterwards. If the test run passed the QC check, they initiated full production. All Qualification cartridges are identical to production cartridges with the exception of the label (sometimes typed, sometimes hand-written, and sometimes a production label on a two-tone case). Some cases have dates (leftovers from prior production runs) and some don't. Some are two-tone cases or cases in one color that are different from the color of later production copies. The only ones that can really be classified as true prototypes are the ones on EGROM boards (rarely seen in the wild). Note that some cartridges that made it through the qualification process still didn't go into production (I have a qualification copy of Crossfire that fits that description, along with a whole series of the Milliken cartridges as double cartridges that actually need the teacher/class disk to work--ad disk I don't have yet).

oh cool, thanks for the info! :) I like learning new stuff about the TI.

Hello everyone,

To clear out my inventory of TI Cards, I am listing as a lot the TI cards that are in my collection. Check it out at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132399654708?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I simply don't need all these cards and would rather see them go to someone who needs backups and also as a bonus there is PCODE card in the lot as well. The would make a nice set of backup cards for those who still use their system,

Other items for sale I have include the following:

1 Myarc 80 Trk disk controller (already in a PE box)

1 Myarc HFDC with manual

1 Myarc Disk Controller 40 track only(for some reason, its only 40 track and I don't know why as it was not my card).

2 Myarc RS232 Cards.

1. Corcomp 32K card

1 Myarc 512k memory card - Yes, I have XBII on disk for use with granulator, gram Kracker, and PGRAM+ Card.

I also have a lot of software on disks both 3.5 and 5.25.

I haven't come up with pricing yet for the Myarc cards, as some are very rare and hard to find. But at this point I am seeing if anyone is interested in these things, as I have no interest in keeping my 99/4a system at this point.

Hope everyone is having a super day.

Roman

post-38556-0-92386900-1511140672_thumb.jpeg

post-38556-0-56068800-1511140687_thumb.jpeg

Romko343:

I would be interested in one of the MyArc controller cards. Probably just the 40 track one, as it is also (probably,) the only one I could afford on my fixed income. The one I'd like the most is the HFDC so I could try adding a hard drive at some point, but cannot afford the $250+ price tag I've heard is usually attached to them. I'd need to check out the problems it sometimes has with floppy drives first anyway. Having trouble finding details on the reliability issues that Ninerpedia mentions. The 80 track MyArc card would be my second choice, though I wouldn't need the PEB. Again, I probably couldn't afford it. I usually only have $80 to $100 free at the end of a month (if I budget expenses down as much as possible.)

Edited by Pheonix

Is this a typewriter? I've always loved typewriters but undergrad days aside I could never justify getting one... I suppose I could always convince myself somehow that I *need* one and would love to see the look on my wife's face if she sees me using one icon_mrgreen.gif

It's a terminal. Teletype https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_700

nobody else bid on it so I got it for $5 :)

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 1