IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Thought I'd give ya'll a heads up.

Soon as I find what box I put the manual in, I will be listing a MYARC MPES-50 up on ebay, probably.

I picked up a storage unit last year that no one else wanted and it had a TI99 some carts (with boxes) and software and the MPES50. Also, I wanted to thank this forum for the information I was able to find about the MyArc.

• Like 1

It is a giant CorComp workalike with two built-in half-height drives. It has an RS-232, 32K (some do have 128K, but I have never personally seen one), and a Myarc Floppy controller built in. As it uses 16-sector DD formatting, it does work a bit differently than most other non-TI DD controllers (the TI DD Controller card and the TI Hex-Bus Floppy both use the 16 sector format).

It is a giant CorComp workalike with two built-in half-height drives. It has an RS-232, 32K (some do have 128K, but I have never personally seen one), and a Myarc Floppy controller built in. As it uses 16-sector DD formatting, it does work a bit differently than most other non-TI DD controllers (the TI DD Controller card and the TI Hex-Bus Floppy both use the 16 sector format).

I helped a guy work one for a week end we replaced cables and troubleshooted the power supply by taking it to a electronics outlet and they looked at the power output to fix it.

It was a monster and not worth the cost.

I have several of these, including one I have had since I was a young teen. I got a 25-in-one solar kit when I was about seven or eight and had a blast learning about electronics. I am sad to see them go now that Radio Shack is done, but there are similar kits out form other companies. One of them I like is Snap Circuits, though they are a little pricey. They make building circuits easy and you can get pretty complex with them. The biggest problem is getting kids to actually go through the book in order so they learn things. I just let them go and when a question comes up I tell them to go back a little in the book and find the answer (RTFM, brat!)

It is fun, though. I enjoy working with my cousin with his and we modify some of the circuits: he tells me what he wants, I make the modification and explain how and why it works. Sometimes I will pull components (links, resistors, capacitors, what-not) or reverse a couple of things (transistor, LED, etc.) and see if he can fix it. It was mean, but one time I really had him befuddled and he just knew the circuit was correct... but I had pulled one of the batteries.

• Like 3