IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Not to mention the power cord he thinks goes with it! Seriously though, check out his other items, what a random assortment of crap! How many times can you buy from the same seller a 99/4A, bicycle parts, Women's shoes, a Harry Potter wand, "oops I crapped my pants" and whatever the hell this is:

s-l1600.jpg

<< HERE >> Is an eBay auction for a TI-99/4A console from a guy who has absolutely NO CLUE as to what he is selling.

(Look at the photos to see what it is bundled with). :rolling:

Edited by Mitkraft
  • Like 2

ok, since i'm a young'un i had to look this device up.

https://www.pa3esy.nl/military/us/hmk/T45/html/T45_set-gb.html

"The T-45 microphone can be used with most war time American radios such as the BC-1000, BC-1306, GRC-9. The microphone is normally used along with the HS-30 headset and SW-141 PTT switch. The T-45 microphone is a carbon type Noise Canceling microphone designed for operation on a nominal current of 50 miliamps. The resistance of the unit is between 50 and 125 Ohms at 1000 cycles per second. Frequency response is substantially flat from 200 to 4000 cycles per second. The microphone is worn close to the operator’s mouth and responds to his voice. However sounds originating farther away, such as background noise or battle noise, are cancelled in the microphone because of its differential type of construction."

Who knew? (Not I) TI made a laptop!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Texas-Instruments-TravelMate-4000-M-Color-Laptop-PN-9792531-0001-50MHz/382661634770?hash=item5918692ad2:g:F7gAAOSwpLdcCooX

It has some sort of full-featured docking station. I can't say for sure but looks like 5" & 3.5" floppies plus CD tray and the usual slew of ports. It would be cool to emulate the '99 on this baby!

• Like 3

I used to have a 4000E, I think it was. Had a trackball that clipped on the side. It died years ago.

I still have an LT 286. Though the hard disk crashed when I booted it last. Less fun than a 486 even when it is working. But it looks cooler.

I'm a little skeptical since there are no photos of said disk. If you look through his other listings, he's also selling Pac Man and Jungle Hunt on disk. Does that sound legit? Not to me.

• Like 3

Not worth it! As a ham I can email the author and probably get for free :)

BITD I actually had a copy, but I never used it. When I did get my ticket, I went in as a "Codeless tech". I never had any need or interest in CW. My favorite mode was digital, specifically Packet Radio. It was kind of fun working the ISS and hopping the HF gateways. Sadly, the Internet ruined the hobby, just like it did with the phone based bulletin boards.

• Like 1

Who knew? (Not I) TI made a laptop!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Texas-Instruments-TravelMate-4000-M-Color-Laptop-PN-9792531-0001-50MHz/382661634770?hash=item5918692ad2:g:F7gAAOSwpLdcCooX

It has some sort of full-featured docking station. I can't say for sure but looks like 5" & 3.5" floppies plus CD tray and the usual slew of ports. It would be cool to emulate the '99 on this baby!

hmm, ACER uses the name ´TravelMate´ nowadays...

(I think it´s a german company)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Laptop-Notebook-Acer-Travelmate-P658-G3-M-55QB-15-6-1920x1080-Core-i5-7200U/332945254785?epid=2228643812&hash=item4d85156981:g:nFEAAOSwTxhcER9P:rk:11:pf:0