IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Not more than I was expecting.

Sorry if I'm spilling seller's secrets, but I've always had this problem since I was 4-5 years old:

If it is not broken, take it apart anyway ... if it still isn't broken when you put it back together, you probably learned something. :grin:

For my system with the F18 , this would be good for just needing the audio out. He needs to make a beige one :)

• Like 1

Good morning everyone, I was browsing on oldcomputers.net and found an ad offering TI-99/4A equipment for sale. I contacted the user who sent me some photos and said that he had a lot more available. I asked him if I could post the pictures along with his email on this forum and he agreed. I do not know this individual other than the brief emails we exchanged yesterday. I just thought I would pass this along in case anyone here is interested. His email is ty_rowland@yahoo.com

Original ad:

post-65819-0-94714600-1555080486_thumb.jpg

Pics he sent:

post-65819-0-12140200-1555080493_thumb.jpg

post-65819-0-77477100-1555080527_thumb.jpg

post-65819-0-33886900-1555080536_thumb.jpg

post-65819-0-95067100-1555080552_thumb.jpg

post-65819-0-94565900-1555080563_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-Home-Computer-with-power-adapter/163636035030?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Someone directed me to this auction. It seems interesting, and if we can't get our TI working regardless of what we do, we'll look into getting it as a last resort. We do like that it's within an hour or so away from us, so we can just go down to get it, if we buy it.

If there is on Ebay, my search for them hasn't come up with anything under $50 that isn't untested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ONE-Genuine-Texas-Instruments-TI-UM1381-Video-Modulator-Switch-TI-99-4A-TESTED/143039629142?hash=item214dd38756:g:TZUAAOSw4IVcBtTd

These are tested RF modules, so if it is the RF we have that's the problem, we might look into getting one of them.

Edited by xabin

Yeah, and we have one, but the problem is that, if it is the RF cable we're having issues with and not the rest of the console, we've tried the composite on both our flatscreen and CRT TVs, and we get no signal from either; the Flatscreen doesn't seem to be old enough to reliably convert the signal from the TI (again, if it is the RF that's the problem), and we don't have the means to switch the CRT to the proper setting for composite (for some reason, ours doesn't have a menu button on it, and we lost the remote to it, so unless we can find an old universal remote that can work with it, we're kinda stuck with RF for it).

Tip1: Whenever I get an LCD TV from a thrift shop I order the remote from eBay or Amazon. I usually pay $5-7 and never have I not found what I need. They usually arrive brand new from China.

Tip2: Thrift stores other than Goodwill still have cheap CRT TVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Here is a MiniWriter III+ apparently rescued from a sunken ship.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3626241479381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=362624147938&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

IIRC, that card edge connector on the outside of the cart is to connect a printer. Without that interface, I'm wondering how he fully tested it? Or did he just test it to startup & typing? Of course, it could be some form of standard printer connection I'm not familiar with :(

IIRC, that card edge connector on the outside of the cart is to connect a printer. Without that interface, I'm wondering how he fully tested it? Or did he just test it to startup & typing? Of course, it could be some form of standard printer connection I'm not familiar with :(

See this thread.

For sale: early CF7+

I've got an early model of the CF7+ (with parallel port) for sale. Powered from the sideport - no DC power socket or power switch. Also **NO** 32K RAM - so really only useful with a console with 32K fitted internally. I've fitted a new sideport connector as the original was pretty manky. Includes CF adaptor and 32MB CF card.

Any use to anyone? PM me an offer if so. I'm in the UK so postage from me to you to be added to whatever you offer.

Repeat again - does **NOT** include 32K RAM!

Stuart

post-31406-0-63305800-1555974047_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For sale: early CF7+

I've got an early model of the CF7+ (with parallel port) for sale. Powered from the sideport - no DC power socket or power switch. Also **NO** 32K RAM - so really only useful with a console with 32K fitted internally. I've fitted a new sideport connector as the original was pretty manky. Includes CF adaptor and 32MB CF card.

Any use to anyone? PM me an offer if so. I'm in the UK so postage from me to you to be added to whatever you offer.

Repeat again - does **NOT** include 32K RAM!

Stuart

attachicon.gif20190422_234044.jpg

Sell this?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Seriously? WTF are people thinking? I bought a practically new in box silver model with extras on ebay a few months back for less that the asking price on this. Even for parts, I'd doubt that anyone who knows better would pay 10% of the asking price for this.

Maybe the guy lives by the motto that goes, "A fool and his money soon go separate ways." That thing is in such bad shape that I would not even take for the cost of shipping. Thanks for the post, I needed a good laugh.

• Like 1