IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

saw this over on the FacePlace 994a page. There's a few nice items (like a 99/4), but not sure it's really $900 nice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-TI-Texas-Instruments-99-4A-Computers-Games-Floppy-Power-Supply-Memory/192918640124?hash=item2cead8d5fc%3Ag%3AMwsAAOSw1aRc3XrK&frcectupt=true

More like 200 bucks nice

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No it's relatively rare but not impossible to find. Also if you really need it it's in xb27 suite or 512k utils or fg99

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

About the only thing rare about that cartridge is the date of manufacture, as it was made in late October in 1979. Of course, that takes a $20 cartridge and makes it about a $30 cartridge--but it is definitely not worth anything like the price being asked for in the auction.

On the big auction with the 99/4 in it, I suspect anyone offering $400 to $450 or so would have a shot at it. . .

Just answered my own question .. it is a modem.

I have one of these. It came in a bundle of stuff and I have not had a chance to try it out. BTW, at this years Chicago Friday I will have some modems to play with... for reasons :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another chapter in my quest for V9938 sockets. This is what I made when I was 17 when I could not find them anywhere.

Yamaha sent the free sample chip (but no socket).

V9938

64-pin machined socket, basswood, 64 wire wrap/solder connections. A TI engineer provided the suggestion (and his wire wrap gun!) and helped me solder it.

I found the machined socket at OEM Parts, Colorado Springs, where I worked as a pin straightener on salvaged ICs for $3.35/hr. During the DRAM shortage, used 4116s resold for 99 cents.

Straightening thousands of 4116s earned me money for a Geneve.

• Like 5

I too have some, if needed. Machine sockets.

Thanks. Ksarul is supplying me with a few. I prefer the dual-wipe kind anyway. I worked on the twin V9958 board analog side all weekend. Lots of cheap Yamaha CXA1675 and CXA2075 encoders/drivers on eBay (RGB to composite) so I'm using the CXA2075. I hope they are genuine.

• Like 2

This is a steal for $10

Console with speech, joysticks, Return to Pirate's Isle w/ manual, MoonMine, Wumpus, Munchman, Car Wars.

The kicker is, it's in Seattle, and they ship USPS, which costs $48.

No-charge local pickup at:

1400 South Lane Street

Seattle, WA 98144
  • Like 2

=9&s=12472

Also, this guy seems to have quite a few TI stuff in stock, mostly games, though I did see a vintage y-cable adapter.

Edited by xabin

18 hours ago, xabin said:

I have one of these--they do work well, as long as you have enough clear desk space on that side of your keyboard.

11 hours ago, xabin said:

Nice. I managed to win it with one bid, so I hope to pay for it tomorrow and earn enough money, later this week, to get a pair of joysticks for it.

you'd have to search a bit for it, but there's a couple joystick threads here on the TI board with fave sticks of the folks here.  :)  CX40 sticks (the Atari ones) can be pretty cheaply found, or if you're more of the NES persuasion, you can find aftermarket NES-style controllers as well. 

Personally I prefer the NES-style most of my time, but some times just call for a joystick. :)