IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

29 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Also note: the disk controller in that box is definitely third-party, so if you are looking for a DSDD controller, it is a really good buy right now.

Oops—The CorComp card is an RS232 card, so cannot tell whose is the disk controller—Sorry about that--->Not only that but it is clearly marked “CorComp Incorporated” on the part of the PCB extending out of the PEB.

...lee

I validated that the disk controller was a DSDD card by looking at the case tabs. That card was designed to fit into the PEB without a clamshell, so it is either a later CorComp (most likely) or BwG controller (very low chance, but still remotely possible). And yes, the RS-232 is a CorComp. Thanks, Lee!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Beauty must run especially deep on this specimen....

I’ve practiced cutting plastic with a Dremel on beige units better looking than this one.

Reminder: www.shopgoodwill.com appears to be the best source for cheap TI-99/4As. They don’t usually have the knowledge to test things well so “untested” mean untested, not like eBay where “untested” means broken. 

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

Currently a TI-99/4 up for auction.  Don't see that every day.  Curious to see what it sells for. 

Doesn't look too bad, price nor shipping. A little beat up, so it was probably actually used. :) Later version with the solid state software badge. :)

Looks like it is from the end of April 1980--and a serial number in the 11,000 range, which is about right, as TI was selling between 1,000 and 2,000 of them a month up until middle of the summer in 1980, based on an article I read on the subject many moons ago. They eventually increased sales to about 5,000 a month, but the market even considered that level of sales to be somewhat of a flop. Note that this one doesn't seem to have an audio jack either. . .

That qual cartridge is on its way to me even as we speak. . .I don't have very many qual cartridges--and TI Invaders was on my missing list. I probably need to take pictures of all of the qual cartridges I have, just to document them, as some of them never made it past the qual runs and into production due to the TI's abandonment of the market just before they were ready. 

And his wife keeps threatening to throw all of it in the trash to reclaim the room that it occupies. . .it is just old stuff, it couldn't possibly be WORTH anything--and if it was, he should just sell it all and give her the money right now, as he has family, and thus no need for hobbies or any other outside activities (and yes, she really DOES think like that).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ksarul said:

And his wife keeps threatening to throw all of it in the trash to reclaim the room that it occupies. . .it is just old stuff, it couldn't possibly be WORTH anything--and if it was, he should just sell it all and give her the money right now, as he has family, and thus no need for hobbies or any other outside activities (and yes, she really DOES think like that).

I think a lot of our wife thinks the same thing

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ksarul said:

That qual cartridge is on its way to me even as we speak. . .I don't have very many qual cartridges--and TI Invaders was on my missing list. I probably need to take pictures of all of the qual cartridges I have, just to document them, as some of them never made it past the qual runs and into production due to the TI's abandonment of the market just before they were ready. 

I fear the picture is a symbolic one. It matches the one from Vorticons website videogamehouse.net

Sorry Ksarul