IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, GDMike said:

There is a supersketch in box that looks great! $40 + shipping..I'd grab it if I could..

All I see is this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Personal-Peripherals-PPI-Super-Sketch-Computer-Sketch-Pad-1984/143210139093?hash=item2157fd4dd5:g:l3IAAOSw1lxcrl0M

It has the joystick plug, so I guess it is the C-64 version.

7 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I think GDMike is talking about this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-80s-Super-Sketch-Video-Graphic-Designer-G2400-Texas-Instruments-99-4A/163648438098?hash=item261a34ff52:g:-1UAAOSw3x9ciT3a:sc:USPSPriority!31598!US!-1

don't mind the zip info, something new that Ebay is attaching to the uri

Edited by RickyDean
drop zip info

7 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

ah, I see it. That is a bargain. 

But no more eBay toys for me this month.

I bought a  keyboard for Geneve ($25 new old stock PC/XT/AT keyboard!).

I bought the French-language TI Le Clown Magique, which is frightening in any language.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

SketchMate was a software disk that would add options to your use of the SuperSketch. I may actually have a copy of it, as I saw the manual when I was looking for something else in a bunch of third party manuals.

At next year's VCF-SE, I intend to offer attendees a way to print what they produce with the SuperSketch.  Right now I plan to simply capture the screen and print it.  If there is an easy and quick way to do it programmatically, I would like to try it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ksarul said:

SketchMate was a software disk that would add options to your use of the SuperSketch. I may actually have a copy of it, as I saw the manual when I was looking for something else in a bunch of third party manuals.

Please post sketch mate?

Do you really need the cart port expander to use this software with the SuperSketch?

1 hour ago, Airshack said:

Please post sketch mate?

Do you really need the cart port expander to use this software with the SuperSketch?

Looks like it.  It runs from E/A or XB, and you cannot use the tablet without the SuperSketch cart.  My guess is you load and run the program, then switch over to the SuperSketch cart to produce your drawing.  My only concern is whether the interface is true to the SuperSketch program.

In theory, I could use this with my CF7+ and its parallel port.  I have an old LaserJet 6L with a parallel port.  Might be worth trying.  The prints will not be in color but will be more era-appropriate.  Though, if I video capture I can print on photo paper, producing something similar to how the manual recommends capturing the screen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Looks like it.  It runs from E/A or XB, and you cannot use the tablet without the SuperSketch cart.  My guess is you load and run the program, then switch over to the SuperSketch cart to produce your drawing.  My only concern is whether the interface is true to the SuperSketch program.

In theory, I could use this with my CF7+ and its parallel port.  I have an old LaserJet 6L with a parallel port.  Might be worth trying.  The prints will not be in color but will be more era-appropriate.  Though, if I video capture I can print on photo paper, producing something similar to how the manual recommends capturing the screen.

yes you have to be able to load an assembly program .. if you have a tipi and it's EA5 you can easily load it with a call tipi in ti basic.. 

the original way was load with ea and CAREFULLY switch to the supersketch module and hope it doesn't reboot. 

Greg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

It is a good deal, sadly, with the cartridges and SAMS card shown, it looks like it *MAY* be one of our AtariAge family getting out of the system. ?

In 'downsizing' his retro collection, I hope it's only someone's 'backup' system.  Any guesses who it may be?

From the feedback, it is a person who sells a lot of vintage computers.

4 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Man... am I the *only* TI enthusiast that's doesn't have a black/silver model with the 'Solid State Cartridge' badge? Sure seems like it sometimes. One of these days, I'll find a mint example for reasonable. I hope. ?

Until you get one, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you these two labels.  You can take your pick which one you want to slap on your TI.

sss.thumb.JPG.a637d38bb5f65f5f36f0357013137155.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, --- Ω --- said:

Until you get one, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you these two labels.  You can take your pick which one you want to slap on your TI.

sss.thumb.JPG.a637d38bb5f65f5f36f0357013137155.JPG

Sweet, thank you so much! I have a P-Touch label maker, but only have white tape. I like the one with the border - pretty nifty idea. PM incoming...   :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

It is a good deal, sadly, with the cartridges and SAMS card shown, it looks like it *MAY* be one of our AtariAge family getting out of the system. ?

In 'downsizing' his retro collection, I hope it's only someone's 'backup' system.  Any guesses who it may be?

2 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

From the feedback, it is a person who sells a lot of vintage computers.

Well, whoever it is, I swear I have seen that PEB before... just cannot place it.

2 hours ago, save2600 said:

Man... am I the *only* TI enthusiast that's doesn't have a black/silver model with the 'Solid State Cartridge' badge? Sure seems like it sometimes. One of these days, I'll find a mint example for reasonable. I hope. ?

Mine doesn't have the badge and I purposely went out of my way to ensure my latest console didn't have one.  It always left a small imprint on my hand when I would rest it there and tended to annoy me.   (I also like my laptops without a trackpad for similar reasons, though mostly because I've used the ibm/lenovo track pointer since the 90s)   ;)