IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 3:28 PM, --- Ω --- said:

It's ended.  Did someone here buy it?

s-l1600.jpg

Hey everyone. The seller was me on this one. I had to sell a few items to cover some legal costs for a younger family member who went and did something stupid that 20 somethings sometimes like to do. Lets just say she was charged with three letters and leave it at that ?. I was very reluctant to let this one go but together with a few other sales and some savings I was able to cover her bail money and atty fees. A very nice guy from SF drove up and got the TI. I chatted to him for a bit and he said he knew all about them so I assume it all went to a good home. Meanwhile the daughter has to deal with the guilt of making her dad part with his prized hobby items.

Thanks again for all the support in the past from the wonderful TI community. I'll be with you still in emulated spirit.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Arnuphis said:

Hey everyone. The seller was me on this one. I had to sell a few items to cover some legal costs for a younger family member who went and did something stupid that 20 somethings sometimes like to do. Lets just say she was charged with three letters and leave it at that ?. I was very reluctant to let this one go but together with a few other sales and some savings I was able to cover her bail money and atty fees. A very nice guy from SF drove up and got the TI. I chatted to him for a bit and he said he knew all about them so I assume it all went to a good home. Meanwhile the daughter has to deal with the guilt of making her dad part with his prized hobby items.

Thanks again for all the support in the past from the wonderful TI community. I'll be with you still in emulated spirit.

Really sorry to hear that and I can totally relate having raised four boys.  Hope you will be ok and you're always welcome you here.

• Thanks 1

wow, what was i thinking scrapping these for donor carts?  I could be sitting on a gold mine! :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-computer-cartridge-Number-Magic/223568874827?hash=item340dbe4d4b:g:QrcAAOSwxplchdnY

Though $32.60 US doesn't seem like a bad gamble to take on a 32k PEB card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI99-4a-PHP1260-32K-x-8-Memory-Expansion-Card-Untested/113863586599?hash=item1a82cc7327:g:cqcAAOSwub9dYA4c

• Like 1

2 hours ago, digdugnate said:

wow, what was i thinking scrapping these for donor carts?  I could be sitting on a gold mine! :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-computer-cartridge-Number-Magic/223568874827?hash=item340dbe4d4b:g:QrcAAOSwxplchdnY

"No one ever listen to Zathras."

• Like 5

On 9/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, Ksarul said:

Seriously optimistic seller. . .

Looking at that seller's 25000+ additional items for sale, this is indeed a true statement. Pre-recorded VHS tapes for $30-60, never-heard-of movies on DVD for $50, pre-recorded cassette tapes of unknown artists for $15... yep, they are definitely smoking the hope-ium.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, helocast said:

I'm guessing they changed the code, "Looks like that's the wrong code. Please double-check and try again."

Maybe they'll catch it and update it ...

Still shows up available for me, though I have not yet attempted a purchase.  I hope it is not limited to select customers.