IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

37 minutes ago, chue said:

Plain old TI-99/4A going for $300+

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-NEW/264501307766

New in box, but I'm surprised anyone is willing to pay this much.

So am I.  With the seller's less than stellar rating, I'd be suspicious of shill bidding.  It's currently $397.18 (including shipping).

It may come up for sale again, who knows.

RATING.JPG.9930d599377a1434b02deff4c472765c.JPG

On 10/20/2019 at 12:12 AM, globeron said:

New listings on ebay.

After spending 3 hours struggling with the ebay support desks in USA, Europe and APAC over a week, 

I created a new ebay account and started to list TI-99/4A Texas Instruments items here, it will take some

time.

1. I still have problems to find the items in ebay.com myself (they do not come in the catalog or so?)

but this is the ebay seller id:  ronvankl_0 

(and probably you can find all other items ?)

for example here are some 9900 Systems / Data Books:

a. https://www.ebay.com/itm/401927503790

b. https://www.ebay.com/itm/401927557752

c. https://www.ebay.com/itm/401927596077

d. many more items (currently 25 items listed), but more will be added.

Note: that the items above are NOT listed in the earlier BIG TI zip file, see this ebay post for more details.

Not everything is available anymore as I am selling already smaller portions of this big pile of TI-stuff

Hi,

I am bidding on various of the items now. Mostly to create a digital scanned pdf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, OLD CS1 said:

108908732_thatsbait.gif.7ac3f41b01c6d0162cc3ea26bbd29475.gif

T'would be a nice treasure find if otherwise, but I suspect any 99er with a Geneve in their stash would state so. Though it hurts nothing to ask.

Well I will let everyone know. I messaged him a (much lower) offer for the lot and he accepted. I'll pick it up this weekend. :) And I'll definitely be interested in selling parts of it out; I don't need 8 speech synthesizers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, adamantyr said:

:) And I'll definitely be interested in selling parts of it out; I don't need 8 speech synthesizers.

i'll take some Speeches, i could use them for some projects including  Speech synths ? including a Zeno Card to complete.
but also for other parts i will be glad to take a look :)

1 hour ago, Mitkraft said:

Haha, you got me!  Those look sexy as hell all NIB and the TI fan in me wants one but I wouldn’t know what to do with it and I don’t have the funds right now anyway.

Yeah. CC40 may not be the most useful system, but it is definitely up there in sex appeal.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:12 PM, globeron said:

New listings on ebay.

for example here are some 9900 Systems / Data Books:

a. https://www.ebay.com/itm/401927503790

b. https://www.ebay.com/itm/401927557752

c. https://www.ebay.com/itm/401927596077

Your hardback copy of 9900 Family Systems Design is beautiful! I would bid on it, except I can't justify the money.

I am using a beaten up paperback copy, and PDF scans.

21 hours ago, Mitkraft said:

Haha, you got me!  Those look sexy as hell all NIB and the TI fan in me wants one but I wouldn’t know what to do with it and I don’t have the funds right now anyway.

unless maybe you want to trade for something from this thread: 

I'd be willing to trade a CC-40 for something else...

Dear all,

If people want to buy and create their own set of books / magazines / manuals

they are interested in, then indicate which one you are interested (e.g. circle the item)

and I will put it together for shipment.

(Facebook would be easiest to contact me, otherwise contact me at the chat box here)

There are also TI Binders available.

Here are all the photos. 

Important note: not all are available anymore (I shipped already 210kg on TI books, brochures !)

Pictures of TI books, etc.:

http://www.globeron.com/freedownload/services/TI99/TIBooks.zip

19 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Price keeps going up too. I remember when they were $45 and came with an AC adapter. Only a 32mb card though.   :grin:

It's still cheaper than buying a 32K plus a TIPI plus a RPi. And the best gadget to buy if you only has a console. 

But all that aside, I think it's fantastic that the nanoPEB has been available for so many years and still is.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

It's still cheaper than buying a 32K plus a TIPI plus a RPi. And the best gadget to buy if you only has a console. 

But all that aside, I think it's fantastic that the nanoPEB has been available for so many years and still is.

No argument there, they are cheap, but then again you only get what you pay for.  It's like an old VW Bug, it can get you there, but sometimes issues arise along the way and it lacks comfort and features.  For some, they may not be into the TI deep enough to want or need anything more and that is good.

For those just getting into the TI with no plans to go the full P-Box route, I would go in order of...

1) Jedimatt42 32K and a FinalGROM - If and when they outgrow that...

2) TIPI and an Rpi

In the end it's easier to transfer files back and forth with no additional cables or converters necessary (if you have WiFi capability) and you'll have more options with fewer potential problems.

1 hour ago, --- Ω --- said:

1) Jedimatt42 32K and a FinalGROM - If and when they outgrow that...

2) TIPI and an Rpi

To be complete, you really should have a middle-ground option there, which would be a nanoPEB or CF7+ replacing the Jedi32.  Otherwise you are making a massive leap that even many power users will not make.  Each device is a tool, and having too much tool is not always attractive.  I have no compelling reason to move to a TIPI configuration, even in the absence of a full PEB.  Now, an F18A-MkII... that is a horse of a different color.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

To be complete, you really should have a middle-ground option there, which would be a nanoPEB or CF7+ replacing the Jedi32.  Otherwise you are making a massive leap that even many power users will not make.  Each device is a tool, and having too much tool is not always attractive.  I have no compelling reason to move to a TIPI configuration, even in the absence of a full PEB.  Now, an F18A-MkII... that is a horse of a different color.

I understand what you are saying, but then I'm looking at this with 20/20 hindsight.  Sure, a person could spend $65.00 on a NanoPEB, but that path also locks them into an unexpandable corner.  With the JediMatt 32K & FinalGROM they can play like crazy now, but with the option to grow by not having to replace that $65.00 item later.

I did not mention the F18A Mk2 because it's not available yet, but yeah, that's a given (if it's within their budget).

As for the TIPI, I am so glad I took that leap.  Being able swap files back and forth between PC and TI over WiFI is simply so convenient and fast.  With the TIPI I don't have to mess with cables, or removing data cards to install new stuff in some time consuming specialized format either, I just pop over what I want and poof, done. 

I fully understand different strokes for different folks, to fill their individual needs and wants, but for me the difference between a Nano-PEB and a TIPI is like a stock 1928 Ford going up against a 2020 Corvette.