IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

image.jpeg.4c17e472d392748348c0020fa3298af1.jpeg

^ (post 4575)

Those are CX40 joysticks. They came later. Originally, the VCS came with a different handle and included the Atari hex disc. These are the originals: 

A001069E-B60A-470E-B4C3-B3C023B37A5E.jpeg.bfc17b98de0e0c5d78c45a64dd1aea00.jpeg

These are modern repro hex discs made of brass:

0DA98683-BA5E-402A-9F32-8F15F9C97DC4.thumb.jpeg.c7b15ef6ea43516c580b14b7191445aa.jpeg

Ah ha! Ok thanks for the clarification

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 11/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, Tursi said:

Price is high, but the auction is very good at showing what he's got, including PCB shots. There are a lot of bodge wires on the board, it's probably legit.

I'm wondering what the ribbon cable over the ROMs is for. ;)

I still have 2x TI-99/4s  (2x different types, 1 without the solid state cartridge, but with the volume slider, speaker inside, mic. connector and power output using the big pin hole) and another with the solid state cartridge (like the picture, with mic. connector, normal power and (no volume slider, no speaker).

I cannot remember if I completely opened them up, but I can do it in 2020 as they are still in BKK, but now I am wondering if the volume slider one \

is a product one or engineering one. How to tell ? I thought volume slider ones were produced earlier than the covered solid state cartridge ones?

10 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

I saw, too bad I can't read dutch. :P

I am looking forward to its arrival.  I am 3D printing a PEB plastic front right now for test fitting.  Having my own unit to test out manufactured components on will go a long ways to finishing the PEB measurement project.

There is a way to see it in English (either via DHL usa site or so, or via the USPS website entering the "C...." number).

45 minutes ago, globeron said:

I still have 2x TI-99/4s  (2x different types, 1 without the solid state cartridge, but with the volume slider, speaker inside, mic. connector and power output using the big pin hole) and another with the solid state cartridge (like the picture, with mic. connector, normal power and (no volume slider, no speaker).

I cannot remember if I completely opened them up, but I can do it in 2020 as they are still in BKK, but now I am wondering if the volume slider one \

is a product one or engineering one. How to tell ? I thought volume slider ones were produced earlier than the covered solid state cartridge ones?

The slider versions were the first ones released in Europe, as the originally approved European spec monitor didn't have sound capability. They fixed that issue really early on (using a different monitor), so very few of the slider consoles were actually made. Every one I've seen had a date code between the last two weeks of 1979 and about the sixth week of 1980.

The slider versions were the first ones released in Europe, as the originally approved European spec monitor didn't have sound capability. They fixed that issue really early on (using a different monitor), so very few of the slider consoles were actually made. Every one I've seen had a date code between the last two weeks of 1979 and about the sixth week of 1980.
I must learn more about date coding. Thanks.

There's still a place for a PEB though.  Ramdisks, SAMS cards, etc.

There's also a nostalgia factor for listening to the whirl and grunt of a disk drive
I harvested this old Quantum Bigfoot 4GB drive from a rusting power mac. I connected the peripheral and booted it up. Nostalgic sounds a plenty. I get this. This weekend I am hoping to get a shugart. Oh the memories. Coincidently, can you stack 32k sidecars? I have the PCB for 1 and wonder if a second would work? I wonder bout things alot.

12 hours ago, wierd_w said:

There's still a place for a PEB though.  Ramdisks, SAMS cards, etc.

There's also a nostalgia factor for listening to the whirl and grunt of a disk drive

We think alike in those respects.  A P-Box goes a long way in keeping future options open.  Being that I use a FinalGROM and have a TIPI in my P-Box, I don't see a great need for a RAMdisk, but the TripleTech gives me options I use, and further down the road I have great hopes for my SAMS card.  As for the grunt of a disk drive, I'll probably retire mine before too long as I no longer seem to use it.

4 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

If someone wanted to sell me a REAL issue of a May 99'er Home Computing (any year) in good condition, I'd pay $5.99, but never for a PDF copy!

Guy's just trying to make a buck before Christmas. I recently purchased an entire library of several Atari ST magazines in pdf from eBay. Much easier paying a few bucks than tracking them all down and downloading them myself. He's marketing convenience. 

• Like 1