IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

The Ultracomp 32K is worth about $40 and the CorComp RS-232 is worth between $40 and $50, so the price isn't really into the unreasonable range yet.

One thing I just realized is that the external power supply for the CorComp is missing, so it won't work until the buyer has one. They are still available (made by ELCOM, IIRC) but the price for a new one is about $30 or so. The Ultracomp box doesn't require external power, as it expects to use power from the TI.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, acadiel said:

There’s an awful lot of those Corcomps without disk controller boards. I wonder if we could duplicate some - pending availability of the PAL code and FDC chips.

If I had one that I needed to get a storage device for, I'd rather have something that could read and write to an SD card that slips in the back where the cable would normally go. 

9 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

It's a serial mouse! 

Those are valuable for old DOS PCs!

(Not sure if it speaks MS Mouse, or PC Mouse dialect though. Maybe something else?  You said you have old retro PCs sitting around-- see if CTMOUSE sees it.)

Probably not MS mouse. Dated 1987, and three buttons.  Was Genius Mouse the competing standard?

28 minutes ago, JB said:

Probably not MS mouse. Dated 1987, and three buttons.  Was Genius Mouse the competing standard?

PC Mouse.

http://oldcomputer.info/pc/apmice/index.htm

Mouse - today a normal computer peripheral, used every day to point different widgets on screen, click buttons or scroll webpages. This sub-page shows different mice from different manufacturers and years. You can see how a PC mouse evolved and when they got wheels, as well as how the buttons disappeared and re-appeared in mice development.
There are 3 common serial port protocols. First was Mouse Systems PC Mouse for 3-button mouse. Second - Microsoft Mouse for 2 buttons. Finally Logitech extended Microsoft's protocol for third button and most "MS Mouse" with 3 buttons use this protocol.
First PCs were usually bought without mice. When Windows software got popular, and when some DOS programs got mouse compatibility, people purchased mice for their PCs. Usually, cheap, Taiwanese mice were bought and for the earlier models, their lifespan is indeed good - many of them work today if only they're cleaned properly.

RE: CTMOUSE

Per the documentation you may have to use the /M argument

Edited by wierd_w

11 hours ago, wierd_w said:

Yes, Indeed!  The very first mice were indeed optical, and used that pad.

Since it has all the stuff, it may well be worth 50$.

We had some Sun workstations that used these kinds of mouses.  Really cool little devices, but bloody useless without the pad (although I found a printable version some time ago which works.)

• Like 2

Would someone please explain why this seemingly normal TI-99/4A computer bundle is going for so much dinero? $256 and counting (plus shipping!) for the computer, RF modulator, controller set, PSU, a couple of Bill Cosby flyers, and the 12 common boxed games. It's clean and tested and looks to be in good shape but what am I missing?

• Like 1

Would someone please explain why this seemingly normal TI-99/4A computer bundle is going for so much dinero? $256 and counting (plus shipping!) for the computer, RF modulator, controller set, PSU, a couple of Bill Cosby flyers, and the 12 common boxed games. It's clean and tested and looks to be in good shape but what am I missing?
You are missing nothing. It's overpriced.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

If it were a BIN listing, I would agree about being overpriced, but since it's an auction and has been steadily increasing in price by bids from potential buyers, I was curious what was going on. 

Uninformed buyers, perhaps, or shill bidding which is a very serious accusation I, for one, will not make.

• Like 2