IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

4 hours ago, Ksarul said:

It is a GSIM motherboard. . .with the console paddle board cartridge attached. It is missing the switches, power supply, and case. I put the manual for these up on WHT about ten years ago.

Hi, can you remember the name of the file, or the folder where it is stored ? thanks.

GROM SIMulator, otherwise known as the silver pizza box. That one may be missing too much to get it functional, as it doesn't look like it was ever complete (missing all the front panel bits). All of the TI GRAM files were in a format usable with this box. I have something like ten disks of them (though there is nothing unique on the disks, they are just directly usable by the GSIM).

GROM SIMulator, otherwise known as the silver pizza box. That one may be missing too much to get it functional, as it doesn't look like it was ever complete (missing all the front panel bits). All of the TI GRAM files were in a format usable with this box. I have something like ten disks of them (though there is nothing unique on the disks, they are just directly usable by the GSIM).

Here are other pictures for the modem and GSim/GromSIM items: http://aug.99er.net/unreleased.htm

The modem is likely a Super Modem prototype. The EGROM box looks like a rough prototype. Steve Egger’s picture looks like a more refined model. The GSIM board is missing the box, panel, PSU, etc.

I believe Ksarul inherited/acquired some of the above from Steve.

I’m still waiting on a Plant Genetics cart prototype. :)
  • Like 1

That is a picture of one of my two EGROM boxes. I've actually done a layout to be able to recreate one (along ith the cartridge board), but I haven't tried to read out the PALs to be able to do so yet. The one in the auction is definitely an earlier version of the box, as it has discrete logic for everything (and may be useful for recreation of the PALs if the ones in mine are locked). My other EGROM also has two additional sockets (like the one in the auction) to make it capable of emulating five GROMs.

The modem board is for a sidecar peripheral--not a PEB. I'm still mulling over what that might have been intended for, as the bus isn't passed through.

• Like 4

Which is why I’m glad that Ksarul, Fabrice, Klaus, and others are getting these prototypes - there are a lot of people who don’t spend the time to photo and document these for the community. (Example: Someone bought Michael Becker’s Hexbus Video prototype years ago on eBay and it was never seen again.) I had a blast preserving the Gram Kracker documentation.

They all do an awesome (and sometimes thankless) job.

My collection is up for photos and tear downs if anyone requests such. Although, most is what others have already. The exception being my Arcturus and Killer Caterpillar cartridges, my pride and joys.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

My collection is up for photos and tear downs if anyone requests such. Although, most is what others have already. The exception being my Arcturus and Killer Caterpillar cartridges, my pride and joys.

I think that you and I may be the only folks out there who actually have originals of both of those cartridges. The cases are interesting too, as they were designed to be used as sideport cartridges (seen with Arcturus and Killer Caterpillar) and as regular cartridge port cases (not known in the wild, but documented in their magazine ads).

On 2/17/2020 at 6:30 PM, Ksarul said:

I think that you and I may be the only folks out there who actually have originals of both of those cartridges. The cases are interesting too, as they were designed to be used as sideport cartridges (seen with Arcturus and Killer Caterpillar) and as regular cartridge port cases (not known in the wild, but documented in their magazine ads).

I only have Arcturus but looking for more ? ?

Here my Exceltec list:

grafik.thumb.png.5fbfbd8f757a420c8fd7173c82bde835.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Airshack said:

So I got one of these in.. THEY ARE NOT A WIFI MODEM .. they are more like an internet interface with no software for them but some test tools he put on his page.. what you see on nanopeb.com is it so far.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dhe said:

huhwhat.thumb.jpg.2ca1beaaca8cc04b3bcc3bda28788623.jpg

ok, too many contacts, for the cartridge port...

...too few contacts for either the sideport(also not female) or the PBOX.

I give up, already! My instincts say, this is not made for the TI!:o

1 hour ago, dhe said:

Man... If I knew it was a big enough market, I'd go in to the grom buster making business - like yesterday! ?

... but hasn't nearly everything already been busted and changed to FG99 format already?  That pretty much dries up the market for most people, with the exception of collectors and those who like to experiment and learn new stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

huhwhat.thumb.jpg.2ca1beaaca8cc04b3bcc3bda28788623.jpg

ok, too many contacts, for the cartridge port...

...too few contacts for either the sideport(also not female) or the PBOX.

I give up, already! My instincts say, this is not made for the TI!:o

Actually, look carefully: there is a female connector at the top and a male connector at the bottom. I counted the pins carefully, there are 22 of them visible (44 counting the bottom). The GROM Buster fits inline with the boot or other peripherals and lets it remain in place for expanded systems.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

... but hasn't nearly everything already been busted and changed to FG99 format already?  That pretty much dries up the market for most people, with the exception of collectors and those who like to experiment and learn new stuff.

Even without flash carts, it isn't exactly difficult or expensive to get a 4a that boots ROM cartridges with no problem. 

19 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Actually, look carefully: there is a female connector at the top and a male connector at the bottom. I counted the pins carefully, there are 22 of them visible (44 counting the bottom). The GROM Buster fits inline with the boot or other peripherals and lets it remain in place for expanded systems.

I must need new eyes,8) I'm not seeing the female port... on top, you say.

I did miscount the 22 sideport contacts, thanks.:cool:

I was looking at a peripheral interface card... got confused mulling it over,:ponder: than I counted the card's connector again instead of the sideport connector.:roll:

Look carefully at the top of the picture. There is a highly-disguised 44-pin connector hidden there. Notice the case is a bit thinner there and also just a touch wider. That area is the part that inserts into the console. It helps that I already have one of these, so I know what the device looks like from all angles.

• Like 1

Someone really wanted it too. $202.50. All it is either a DSR ROM that overrides or it is in the interrupt vector. It’s not really a cartridge per se. I tried bidding on it so I could take it apart and document it, but someone wanted it way more. Lol!

This collection craze for older stuff “just to have it and not use it” is really starting to turn me off. IMHO, if you want it, don’t hog it and share info about it with the community, especially undocumented stuff. I have no respect for “collectors” who just want to have it rather than appreciate it. Maybe money is the root of all evil after all.