IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

28 minutes ago, acadiel said:

This collection craze for older stuff “just to have it and not use it” is really starting to turn me off.

How do you know the winning bidder isn't going to use it? There are some that prefer to use the real thing. For example, some people think it's ludicrous to spend $50 on a Funware cart or two when you can simply fire it up on the FinalGROM99, but some people prefer playing the real, original cartridges. To each their own!

24 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

How do you know the winning bidder isn't going to use it? There are some that prefer to use the real thing. For example, some people think it's ludicrous to spend $50 on a Funware cart or two when you can simply fire it up on the FinalGROM99, but some people prefer playing the real, original cartridges. To each their own!

It’s a trend.  Especially for something as specialized like this.  Trust me, I have seen it too many times.  If the winner does show up and offer to document it, I’ll apologize... but I’m not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

This collection craze for older stuff “just to have it and not use it” is really starting to turn me off.

Been there for a long time, my friend.  Starting back in the early 2000s I developed a distaste for collectors.

2 hours ago, acadiel said:

Someone really wanted it too. $202.50. All it is either a DSR ROM that overrides or it is in the interrupt vector. It’s not really a cartridge per se. I tried bidding on it so I could take it apart and document it, but someone wanted it way more. Lol!

This collection craze for older stuff “just to have it and not use it” is really starting to turn me off. IMHO, if you want it, don’t hog it and share info about it with the community, especially undocumented stuff. I have no respect for “collectors” who just want to have it rather than appreciate it. Maybe money is the root of all evil after all.

I'll dig mine out in the near future and make some pics of the inside for you, @acadiel You are right that these need to be documented better. . .

• Like 1

I hope it was someone here that won the EGROM Box. . .I could use some close-up pictures of the top and the bottom of the board to compare it to the somewhat different ones that I have.

I hope the seller can direct them here so we can ask them. You have the only other one and it would be good to compare the two.

6 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Been there for a long time, my friend.  Starting back in the early 2000s I developed a distaste for collectors.

At least we aren't in the Nintendo community, where trust-fund kids are putting their crap in plexiglass coffins and driving prices up to completely insane levels. Just mildly insane, and not entombed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, acadiel said:

I hope the seller can direct them here so we can ask them. You have the only other one and it would be good to compare the two.

I now know where the phenolic plastic box it is in comes from: it is a Keystone Electronics model 701 box. The lid is sold separately, which explains why most of them don't have one. . .and both box and lid are still in production, although the current lids are not as robust as the older ones.

• Like 1

I've not put it up on Ebay (yet), but I'm considering selling my sidecar TIPI system as I no longer use it (use the P-Box version).

Anyway with the new 1024K sidecar coming out soon, I figure someone might want to take a shortcut to a complete system.

It would come with everything shown here, EXCEPT THE SD CARD.

495488164_SidecarTIPISystemA.thumb.JPG.30c81ac06cbe31cf531a680e9acfa11c.JPG

273882568_SidecarTIPISystemB.thumb.JPG.168bfc7117bb4bd139b5e1b956052231.JPG

1505265144_SidecarTIPISystemC.thumb.JPG.842387f28ab231907c89aedad5915f60.JPG

Looks like the same person that won the EGROM box also won the GSIM parts. Looks like both may have now gone into the collector black hole too, as no one here has admitted winning the first one. . .and that is unfortunate, as the EGROM documents some of the early TI development in a way no other items can.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Mike Dudeck has one more NIB Memo Processor. I’m re-colllecting HexBus items, so I bought one. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372913095491

for those who don’t yet know, Mike has been selling NIB items and accessories for 20+ years. a lot of people got NIB p-boxes that way. 

I understand he (long ago) bought out LL Conner or Joy Electronics, who used to advertise in Micropendium.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

I tried to win the GSIM auction but it is very difficult to compete with hard core collectors.  So sad ?

What about pooling our resources?  I am stupid enough to throw a few clams at something I think is worthwhile -- just ask the CollectorVision guys.

23 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

Mike Dudeck has one more NIB Memo Processor. I’m re-colllecting HexBus items, so I bought one. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372913095491

for those who don’t yet know, Mike has been selling NIB items and accessories for 20+ years. a lot of people got NIB p-boxes that way. 

I understand he (long ago) bought out LL Conner or Joy Electronics, who used to advertise in Micropendium.

Actually, he bought out both of them, along with the final stocks from Ramcharged Computing (Ramcharged had the last prepackaged stuff from Asgard, Texaments, and their own software).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

I tried to win the GSIM auction but it is very difficult to compete with hard core collectors.  So sad ?

I did win the weird sidecar modem thing though. I strongly suspect it was for the unreleased ACS security system for the 99/4. I'll know more once I get a chance to look at it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

I really wish we could have contact with the owners/sellers of these things before they get sucked into the vortex.

Could always try messaging the seller asking for the username of the buyer so that contact could be made through eBay. That's probably blatantly against eBay's TOS on several levels, but might be worth it. Perhaps set up a burner eBay account lol. 

11 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Could always try messaging the seller asking for the username of the buyer so that contact could be made through eBay. That's probably blatantly against eBay's TOS on several levels, but might be worth it. Perhaps set up a burner eBay account lol. 

actually, I wouldn't see it as a problem IF you sent a message to the seller to give the option of the purchaser to post just the information on, say, Atariage. then you couldn't be accused of trying to work with the purchaser off line on  something. I have send ebay emails to buyers more than once and referred to Atariage article or some website that they could read to help out on something I sold them. I don't see this as any different.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hloberg said:

Atarisoft collection

Hope this isn't anyone on this forum but, is this person crazy? Want's $150 for what is obviously just a flashed ROM cart of the Atarisoft games. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

Scary, it might be as that is a copy of Ciro's label available FREE for download << HERE >>.

For that price, I think the seller should at least do a better job of cutting out and attaching the label. 

Yikes!.thumb.PNG.945cb93dc50499ea93f1edb0ed2718b8.PNG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1