IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

13 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I was not ready to call you wrong on that -- it just seemed odd for the A8 to require a special cartridge.

Yeah, I was doing a quick search for verification and a pic made it look like the cord from the Super Sketch was going straight into the top of the cartridge - but was mistaken.  :)

BTW: this guys' listing is all wrong. Not so clearly shows an Atari manual, Atari cartridge and G2300 designation on the cartridge, yet he advertises it as a G2100 C64 version. Kooky!  :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Super-Sketch-Starter-Kit-G2100-Commodore-64-C64-PPI-1984-1980s/392476135974?hash=item5b61669226:g:P2QAAOSwRZVdoQAt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, save2600 said:

Yeah, I was doing a quick search for verification and a pic made it look like the cord from the Super Sketch was going straight into the top of the cartridge - but was mistaken.  :)

BTW: this guys' listing is all wrong. Not so clearly shows an Atari manual, Atari cartridge and G2300 designation on the cartridge, yet he advertises it as a G2100 C64 version. Kooky!  :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Super-Sketch-Starter-Kit-G2100-Commodore-64-C64-PPI-1984-1980s/392476135974?hash=item5b61669226:g:P2QAAOSwRZVdoQAt

Awww, you know there was only one computer made in the 80s. It HAS to be for the Commodore.

• Haha 3

It looks like a TI Clamshell FDC case with a user stuck on label on the side missing the two latch hooks for lifting it from the case.  Looks like the ink is smudged on the label and can't be read from the view provided.

I've never seen a PEBox with an LED like that above the push button switch, so I am guessing it is a user modified system PEBox.  Assuming that is the case and the original owner has been inside the power supply area. I would pay attention and open the disk controller card to make sure the regulators have not been jumpered in the event the original owner modified the power supply as well.  The label may be indicative of that warning on the disk controller.  If the card has been jumpered, then it would be useable in that PEBox, but not useable in a non-modified PEBox.

Beery

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ksarul said:

The blurry stuff on the label says: HOME. The rest says "peel backing from label" on the top line and "apply best below top of folder tab" on the lower line. The text on the left and right says "bend here"

Yeah, that's kind of a weird label to have on a P-Box card.  I'd like to know the story behind it.

Yep!.thumb.JPG.3e30d4e9b14fad7ebefcfc600156f63f.JPG

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

grrrrrrrr I didn´t see that there were more pics ?

Ooops!  This is one thing I like about Ebay, sometimes people post some really cool images of things that can be used for other things.  A while back a guy posted a bunch of NIB pics of a Milton Bradly expansion system.  It was kind of nice to see those.  Hopefully someday, if there are any left, I'd like to download some NIB P-Box pics.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

Hopefully someday, if there are any left, I'd like to download some NIB P-Box pics.

I have some here.  Not exactly professional photo-shoot quality, but I likely will never get the same chance, again.

https://atariage.com/forums/gallery/album/1194-unboxing-quotnewquot-ti-peb/

• Like 4

On 3/4/2020 at 3:08 PM, OLD CS1 said:

I have some here.  Not exactly professional photo-shoot quality, but I likely will never get the same chance, again.

https://atariage.com/forums/gallery/album/1194-unboxing-quotnewquot-ti-peb/

Based off the fantastic images in +OLD CS1's gallery, I compiled those images into an easy to download PDF, so people can print up and reminiscence over their 'first time' as well.

• Like 4